Need Help...Please Sex This Faly...

Do you have any pics of when they first got the chameleon? It definitely looks like a girl now, but what did it look like when shipped?

All I was saying is that the thread was clearly made to criticize someone, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Yes, we can all see that it is a female now, but at the point of sale very few people would have been able to correctly sex that Faly, I honestly doubt I would have been able to because I haven't raised up a clutch of Faly. Furthermore I know how she is, she probably offered to buy it back or pay you money or something to make it right. There was no reason to bring up a friends animal on the forum threatening anything, thats what I think is childish.

Chris

There's more at stake here than the question of sex. As a breeder, if a customer was dissatisfied with an animal you sent them. What would you do about it? I'm sure you would try and make that customer happy. Sometimes good customer service and good business practices means you have to eat crow every now and then. I don't mean to say you have to be a push over, but if you sent me a male that looked like this one at six months...we would have some issues. Especially if you claimed I was incorrect in my assessment of what this animal is.

So... In order to aid in somewhat of a dispute, the seller wanted a common consensus of said Faly's sex from the forum.

In order to hold to the site policies I wish to keep the name of the seller, and any other aspects of the dispute off the forum.

Seems like a reasonable request. Hopefully an honest mistake that will be resolved shortly.

Anyone here living in a glass house?

For conversation's sake, I also felt your statement about posting something on the internet had a "threat" sound. But I can't say that I would have done anything differently if I were in the same situation. When you're in a position and feel you have no recourse, one often does things to remedy the situation they feel are appropriate. I know this forum has rules about specific business deals with breeders. If a certain breeder makes enough people question their business practices it will get out eventually, Forum or not. Sounds like we need to buy our Chameleons through ebay so there will be a rating systems of sorts. Or pay through paypal so there is some recourse. Just a thought...

Or at least we know who Chris thinks it is. I am aware of four Faly breeders and wouldnt know which supplied this animal, nor would I care.
Who the breeder is is not relevant to the intention of the thread. It appears both the owner of the chameleon and the breeder simply wanted input from the forum membership as the gender of a particular chameleons. No need for anyone to point fingers.

well said sandra and that was the point, being the owner of the cham myself

There's more at stake here than the question of sex. As a breeder, if a customer was dissatisfied with an animal you sent them. What would you do about it? I'm sure you would try and make that customer happy. Sometimes good customer service and good business practices means you have to eat crow every now and then. I don't mean to say you have to be a push over, but if you sent me a male that looked like this one at six months...we would have some issues. Especially if you claimed I was incorrect in my assessment of what this animal is.

Yes exactly. That is why I don't think it should have been posted. I think if there were no resolution then yea, bring it to the BOI or wherever. But just on the fact that someone was wrong...no it shouldn't be brought up like this...thats it. Everyone makes mistakes and I know the breeder would/is correcting it so why put it on the forum.

Rob am I wrong...did she not already attempt to right the wrong?

-chris

Sounds like we need to buy our Chameleons through ebay so there will be a rating systems of sorts. Or pay through paypal so there is some recourse. Just a thought...
http://www.reptileauctions.com/index.php

When I was "in" with the aquarium hobby aquabid.com was and still is the best most reliable source for tropical fish. There is a community there based on keeping sellers honest. The site I just linked I found last night so I haven't had a chance to research it. But I agree, to many transactions are made on the cuff, off of websites that have no resources for accountability.

Yes exactly. That is why I don't think it should have been posted. I think if there were no resolution then yea, bring it to the BOI or wherever. But just on the fact that someone was wrong...no it shouldn't be brought up like this...thats it. Everyone makes mistakes and I know the breeder would/is correcting it so why put it on the forum.

-chris

But that's just it. Joe was basically at a loss as to what to do. From what I understand this conversation had already taken place with this breeder and some kind of action was required at this point. Sorry Joe, I don't mean to speak for you. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

All I was saying is that the thread was clearly made to criticize someone, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Yes, we can all see that it is a female now, but at the point of sale very few people would have been able to correctly sex that Faly, I honestly doubt I would have been able to because I haven't raised up a clutch of Faly. Furthermore I know how she is, she probably offered to buy it back or pay you money or something to make it right. There was no reason to bring up a friends animal on the forum threatening anything, thats what I think is childish.

Chris

This thread was made for nothing but getting a better grasp on the sex of this cham. It was a step that was recommended by the seller as well.

At the point of sale... Point of sale was a week ago!!! I knew from the second I opened the bag that we had been sent a girl, and the call was made right away. Most of those pics you see were FROM THE DAY WE RECIEVED HER. I guess you just assumed again huh... Big surprise.

Explain something to me smart guy...How could the purpose of the thread possibly to criticize anyone when from the very beginning my intentions were to ensure that the name of the seller was not mentioned???

The buyer of the cham is a friend I have been guiding into the hobby. We are working together to breed Pardalis. Being new to the hobby, he confides in me on who is reputable enough to buy from and who is not. I took it upon myself to make sure that the $500 chameleon he payed for is what was he ordered. Not trying to cause beef with anyone.. just want to clear up the confusion, and make it right.

I don't know what I did to wad your panties sir... But I would appreciate it if you would stop presuming you know everything about something you have nothing to do with. Why are you so intent on reaching for a way to make it seem like we are trying to screw someone?

Is your next post going to be even more ridiculous? Your getting a lot of practice.

This Cham was recieved 1 week ago today...

Most of those pics are from the day the cham came in ... and We were still being assured it was a male.

Rob am I wrong...did she not already attempt to right the wrong?

-chris

PLEASE ... Not knowing if the seller has had a chance to see this thread... Please keep the dispute of this thread.

I would apprecitate it if the Mods could clean this up a bit as well per site policy...Some inconsiderate chump has crapped all over this thread.

Like I said before Chris... The problem is being resolved... It was being resolved over 16 hours before you felt you needed to involve you ridiculous statements. I will say again(for like the sixth effing time) that this thread was recommended by the seller. Seller says Male still... and thought the concesus of the boards would be the same.

The problem was being resolved and their was no need for your crying. You didn't make the sale... It is not your problem. It was never supposed to get to this point ... We just wanted to know what people thought about the sex of the god dang cham. So did the seller.

Have to say... Talked to CleanLineChris... He is not such an inconsiderate chump after all. LOL.

Sorry, Sometimes I can be rather rash.

man im sorry i caused all this trouble as joe said it was only to get opinions if its male or female cause we had our opinion and seller had theres, theres no need for all this drama, im not bashin anyone,she is not a he end of story lets move on.

I have two males and a female pritty sure same breeder around same age. I'll bring to the meeting tonight:). Looken female, all female falys I have seen are very, very pink. Pinker then the norm. Very pritty:). I'm sure if they said male and it turned out to be female they will make good on it. Refund if they don't have more. Seems to be more then one person wanting the little gem me being one of them Lol!

Just came in from a nice day fishing and have read thru most of the posts. I did sell this Faly as male the reason being was I had 2 from the same clutch. one was pink with a very defined tale no fat at the base at all and then their was this one. starting to color up nice blue, red under the neck and spotting up red dots just like a male and a plumper tale then the known female. The 2 month old pic of the Faly shown in the earlier pic well let me just say I have never seen a Faly do that in all the clutches I have dealt with. Some of the Falys I have raised did not start to color up till a good 5 to 6 months. That being said I told him from the beginning if he did not want it I would find another buyer. That if it was in fact a female it was the nicest Jr. female Faly I have ever seen. There are no hard feelings on my part from this deal. If it is a female it is my mistake. I am heading back out for the night and will check the posts when I get back.

Too all have a great night! Pam Reid, Pams Chams

I have two males and a female pritty sure same breeder around same age. I'll bring to the meeting tonight:). Looken female, all female falys I have seen are very, very pink. Pinker then the norm. Very pritty:).

Could you post the male and female pics from the ones I sold you please. I would like to see them and and yes they are the same bloodline. My friend decided to sell these 2 last month but I am not sure yet they are from the first clutch or the 2nd one. Thanks

Could you post the male and female pics from the ones I sold you please. I would like to see them and and yes they are the same bloodline. My friend decided to sell these 2 last month but I am not sure yet they are from the first clutch or the 2nd one. Thanks

ill try n get the pics of the 2 males n 1 female up sometime tonight.
love my mitsios from u

well i guess the brothers and sisters can do some catchin up as i am bringin my female to the meeting so yall can check her out see ya ina bit as i haveta leave now

Back
Top Bottom