need help panther has not ate in one week!!

Dwinger

ok so i have an male Ambilobe panther. ive had him for 3 months and last week he suddenly stopped eating and i have no idea why. i need some help.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - 2 year old male blue bar ambilobe panther
Handling - i have him out every day to let him get exersize and roam around
Feeding - 7 crickets a day gutloaded.
Supplements - dust the crickets with reptitive with d3
Watering - Spray his cage 3 times a day and i have a dropper and also oraly give him water every two days with a medicine dropper.
Fecal Description - normal color with some white in it. never been tested for parasites
History - ive had him for 3 months have had no problem before this.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen cage 4' tall 3' long and 1 1/2' in depth
Temperature - 75 to 80 everyday 70 at night
Humidity - i dont have anything to measure humidity but i have a large plant in his cage and spray him 3 to 4 times a day.
Plants - im not sure what its called ill post a picture but it fills alot of the cage.
Placement - it a corner of my room no vents by it not a high traffic area my cafe is on a desk about 3' off the ground.
Location - louisville ky cold winter hot summers, prety humid summers dry winters if that helps?
Lighting - a 100w uvb basking light and a 26w repti glo 5.0

Could you post pictures of him? That would probably help alot of these members. and

Is it he won't eat crickets when offered?? How do you feed him and how long have you used crickets?

Do you only feed crickets? Do you use calcium? What is his basking temp? Is your UVB coil or linear? Does he have substrate and is the plants soil covered?

Do you only feed crickets? Do you use calcium? What is his basking temp? Is your UVB coil or linear? Does he have substrate and is the plants soil covered?

yes only crickets ive tried wax worms and super worms before he wont eat them at all. i do use calcium. the basking temp is 79 and i have a coil and he has zoo med wood chips subtrate and i used the subtrate to cover the soil.

I say he is probably tired of crickets. Why not try other worms or insects? silkworms, butter worms, dubia roaches...etc?

I dont know if you have access to these, but my panther always eats roaches when he refuses all else, he rarely eats crickets but roaches are his favorite.

Okay, he could be impacted, it could be too cold, or he could be on a hunger strike. It may even be the bulb. You want a linear reptisun 5.0, no wood chips, and raise his basking temp to 85-90. Use large river rocks instead of the wood chips.

Has he been pooping normally? If he has, then try different foods.

yes only crickets ive tried wax worms and super worms before he wont eat them at all. i do use calcium. the basking temp is 79 and i have a coil and he has zoo med wood chips subtrate and i used the subtrate to cover the soil.

No substrate btw. use newspaper, papertowel. The coil causes eye problems and the temp i would get to the 80s.

Okay, he could be impacted, it could be too cold, or he could be on a hunger strike. It may even be the bulb. You want a linear reptisun 5.0, no wood chips, and raise his basking temp to 85-90. Use large river rocks instead of the wood chips.

Has he been pooping normally? If he has, then try different foods.

yes hes been pooping he just did but it was alot bigger than normal? and i dont have anywhere that i can get roaches localy should i buy them online and should i try horn worms?

Could you post pictures of him? That would probably help alot of these members. and

Is it he won't eat crickets when offered?? How do you feed him and how long have you used crickets?

i he just completely ignores him i hold them in my hand put them infront of him on leaves and use tongs he usualy eats them right away but now hw just quit i have no idea why. ive fed him crickets for the past 3 months

Blinding and burns. They create wavelengths that the atmosphere would normally absorb before they reached the earth. It's pretty unnatural and damaging.

Use river ricks to cover the dirt in the plants and use papertowel or nothing on the floor.

Blinding and burns. They create wavelengths that the atmosphere would normally absorb before they reached the earth. It's pretty unnatural and damaging.

Use river ricks to cover the dirt in the plants and use papertowel or nothing on the floor.

ok well i just took that bulb out and im gona go buy another bulb later today

Try sticking hornworms, supers, or silkworms to the side screen of the cage so they climb upwards towards wherever he is perched. The worms walking on the cage gets my chams every time. I have also rarely ever had a cham turn down a hornworms or a silkworm unless they had already eaten a ton of them.

Justin

I can only get my female panther to hand feed with silkworms! I say try them and hornworms first. My guys love the worms.

The wave lengths are unnatural on earth or something like that. they can create UVC I believe, which the atmosphere normally absorbs before it gets to the earth. (or at least thats what I've heard from others.) Flash is fine, as long as you aren't constantly taking pictures.

if what i read is true, he is around 2 years of age and you are feeding him 7 crickets a day. thats a lot for an adult. you would want to feed a total of 7-10 bugs throughout the entire week at this age. hes probably just full of bugs and cant fit anymore.

if what i read is true, he is around 2 years of age and you are feeding him 7 crickets a day. thats a lot for an adult. you would want to feed a total of 7-10 bugs throughout the entire week at this age. hes probably just full of bugs and cant fit anymore.

i meant 7 to 10 every 2 days. and i turned up the heat in his room and he is back to eating again.

Back
Top Bottom