need help on color ...

lvbg1435

ok i have a panther ive hade him for 1 week what do the colors mean
can any one help me out on that ..

green means go, amber means get ready, red means stop ;)

really so when i got the pather from the pet shop he was fired up or ready to mate ?
the onley time he truns color now is when hes sleeping he truns bright colors and on wakeing up the colors fade and go back to green and brown stripe or green and brown and bottom orange a little bit when i hold him he dos not trun his fired up colors at all he just want to use me as a tree

I think Itwas was being funny. :) Do you have a picture of your chameleon? How old is it?

the pet shop told me he was little over 1yr old pics i have 2 but not so good pics the cam i have right now sucks ill try to get better pics when i can ..

can some one please help me on the color of my panther..
i would hate to see him die it my first panther.

vfjvbo.jpg

His colors shouldnt be a huge concern. As long as u are taking care of him properly. They gain color as they age.

Yes they rock back and forth while walking. Imagine a branch swaying in the wind. His colors don't matter as much as his enclosure being right. A linear uvb bulb, ie. A Reptisun 5.0. A 60 watt plus or minus standard light bulb depending on the temp of the room you keep him in. You don't want an adult panther to have a worker basking spot than 95ish. I try and keep mine at 88 most of the day but it varies depending on the room temp. And proper supplementation is important as well.

My 14 month BB Ambilobe Jack has several different colors and a lot of time one color will mean two or three different things at different times. Ie. He can be bright and vivid in defense as well as when he is happy, basking, or asleep. He can be dark and angry looking in defense mode as well as when he is scared, stressed, basking or just relaxing. Now their are subtle differences between each of his moods colors. Maybe more yellow here and more Orange there. A little bit of blue over here and a lot of red and purple back their. Does that make sense?

Yes they rock back and forth while walking. Imagine a branch swaying in the wind. His colors don't matter as much as his enclosure being right. A linear uvb bulb, ie. A Reptisun 5.0. A 60 watt plus or minus standard light bulb depending on the temp of the room you keep him in. You don't want an adult panther to have a worker basking spot than 95ish. I try and keep mine at 88 most of the day but it varies depending on the room temp. And proper supplementation is important as well.

My 14 month BB Ambilobe Jack has several different colors and a lot of time one color will mean two or three different things at different times. Ie. He can be bright and vivid in defense as well as when he is happy, basking, or asleep. He can be dark and angry looking in defense mode as well as when he is scared, stressed, basking or just relaxing. Now their are subtle differences between each of his moods colors. Maybe more yellow here and more Orange there. A little bit of blue over here and a lot of red and purple back their. Does that make sense?

yes it kinda dos but all the pics i see online show my panther in his colors so it make me worrie that hes missing some thing.. or stressed?

It could be the stress of him acclimating to his forever home. I got Jack my 14 month BB Ambilobe on the 8th. Today I final got him to eat more than just one superworm. I know he is still stressed out and he will let me know as soon as I open his cage or stand too close to it by turning dark. Just hang in their and give him 2 or 3 weeks to get accustomed to his new place. Also where do you keep his cage? Is it loud, is their a lot of foot traffic or do you have any other animals that can get to him. Is their a heater or ac vent close to his cage. Tell us about where you keep him.

Try filling out the "help Form" that they have stickied around here. It will give us a better idea on how you are caring for the guy and if there is anything you might be missing as far as his care goes.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom