Need help now !!!

Dwinger

ok i left home for school thismorning and when i got home my chameleon was in the same spot as when i left and his eyes were copletely sunken in they are just even with the sockets i have no idea why, he was falling asleep during the day before but only happened once or twice now his eyes barely open and he cant shoot his toung or even open his mouth i need help fast

cham is a 2 1/2 year old blue bar ambilobe he drinks aton of water and i mist his cage 3 to 4 times a day he eats 10 large crickets every two days he is a good size and has a strong grip. he has stoped being interested in crickets today and wont eat i need help he is really not responding HELP
DSCN1273.jpg
DSCN1274.jpg

Make vet appt and get him in a shower asap, even if you have to sit in there with him. Warm to us is hot to them.

I think you should definitely get him to a vet. I also think you should fill out the how to ask form on the forum however the vet visit to a good exotic vet should be first on your list.

As Steve said, He looks dehydrated and also malnourished. The pads on his head are sunken in and also his cheeks. This could be from many different things. Not an adequate basking temp, poor supplement schedule which could in turn not let him digest food properly, gutloading schedule, parasites, etc, etc etc.

Back in late Jan you asked for help as your cham was not eating....did you change out the coil bulb? Is your husbandry the same as in that post?

I think you should definitely get him to a vet. I also think you should fill out the how to ask form on the forum however the vet visit to a good exotic vet should be first on your list.

As Steve said, He looks dehydrated and also malnourished. The pads on his head are sunken in and also his cheeks. This could be from many different things. Not an adequate basking temp, poor supplement schedule which could in turn not let him digest food properly, gutloading schedule, parasites, etc, etc etc.

He did fill it out but nobody responded:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/white-calluses-my-chameleon-help-40715/#post379546

He does not look like this happened over the duration of a day. Has he been eating and drinking on his own?

They look like old burn wounds, and shed build up to me.

The halogen bulb sounds like bit of a worry... hope someone with more knowledge posts soon.

Hope you are able to make a vet appointment :D

They look like old burn wounds, and shed build up to me.

The halogen bulb sounds like bit of a worry... hope someone with more knowledge posts soon.

Hope you are able to make a vet appointment :D

thanks everyone luckly after driving to 3 different vets just to find out the receptionist was wrong about them caring for chameleons finally found one she took my guy in afterhours and gave him oral meddicine for bacteria cave him a shot of calcium and soaked him. she only gave him a 30% living rate she thinks it has to do with parasited on/around his liver thats why it came on so fast.

thanks everyone luckly after driving to 3 different vets just to find out the receptionist was wrong about them caring for chameleons finally found one she took my guy in afterhours and gave him oral meddicine for bacteria cave him a shot of calcium and soaked him. she only gave him a 30% living rate she thinks it has to do with parasited on/around his liver thats why it came on so fast.

thats so terrible! give him lots of care! because even if he does pass you will know he was happy with your help :(

any word on him

Is he getting better? i really hope he is it hurts to see him like that but it looks like hes gotten like that over time. Or am I wrong I never seen a cham get like that in a matter of days. Make sure you give him bug juice and some TLC.

Is he getting better? i really hope he is it hurts to see him like that but it looks like hes gotten like that over time. Or am I wrong I never seen a cham get like that in a matter of days. Make sure you give him bug juice and some TLC.

He just passed this morning. i went to two very experienced vets and did everything that they said and they gave him numerous meds. and i used flukers emergency aid at home but in the end nothing worked. The only conclusion that they could come up with was that he was not the age that he was said to be. He went completely back to normal no sunken eyes and no ribs showing then for a week he wouldnt eat so i had to give him the emergency aid but i guess it wasn't enough. RIP Marley

Back
Top Bottom