Need Help Identifying Species

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've never seen anything like this. The yellows are deep, rich and clear. The importer commented on his--I think it's a male--very unusual color. Sorry for the blurry pictures. I just bought him last night and really didn't want to bother him. My camera is not picking up how bright the yellows are.

Last edited:
I've never seen anything like this. The yellows are deep, rich and clear. The importer commented on his--I think it's a male--very unusual color. Sorry for the blurry pictures. I just bought him last night and really didn't want to bother him. My camera is not picking up how bright the yellows are.

Your pictures didn't post.

Helps if I attach the pictures. 4.4 grams

20160511_163417.jpg

20160511_163241.jpg

20160511_163248.jpg

20160511_163246.jpg

Wow he is gorgeous! I'm obviously no help on identification but I love seeing the beautiful "exotic" chams. Congrats on your new boy!

You can't determine if it's all quad/gracilior I take it? He's got some high yellows! Maybe a Jackson knocked up a gracilior?:D Just kidding. Looks like a quad with high yellows to me!

Its definitely T. quadricornis, but the subspecies will be more difficult to tell for sure until it is older.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I was hoping you would see the pictures and comment.

I went through much of the shipment and noticed that many of the T.q.quadricornis males that weren't all stressy black were very yellow. I have one that will almost blanch to yellow if stressed or if hunting. I wonder if it is one of those very yellow quads. Time will tell.

I know I have 3.1 gracilior. It is the other six little babies I can't identify and my mind is fried trying.

Back
Top Bottom