Need help identifying little black beetles - are these mealworms? (Tucson)

yoteango

Established Member
A few months ago I found a lot of little black bugs in a trap and brought them inside and tried to feed them to my little guy. Soon after they infested my house. Until then, they seemed good enough, and bred prolifically so I threw them in my Dubai box to see what happened. Months later they're still doing great. Don't think my guy ever cared for them though, mostly cause he was too big already.

I've thrown a small collection of stuff in there, (superworms, mealworms, other clean up crew), so there's a but of uncertainty, but I do believe that the most common one pictured is the same type I grabbed from outside, mostly because of how prolific they are. And hopefully they weren't originally escapees of mine.

If these pictures aren't good I'll get some better ones.

Attachments

• PXL_20231114_082636284.jpg
    PXL_20231114_082636284.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 33
  • PXL_20231114_082648554.jpg
    PXL_20231114_082648554.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 38
I get those from time to time. My chams dont like them either. their shell is too hard i think. I think they might be from the small meal worms. You should see a beetle from a superworm. big black and scary looking! My chams dont eat them either! Good luck

I am Back

I am in Tucson as well, I usually see those beetles when I buy a colony of roaches. Never seen them outside though.

Back
Top Bottom