Need help finding right foods

What is husbandry? And we want to just see how the new light and calcium play out. 200 dollars is a lot of money. That’s how much it would cost to go.
Husbandry is how you care for him and what supplies you use. It is what everyone’s been commenting on. The form you filled out is a husbandry form. The vet is needed or he will continue to decline. I hate to tell you this, but $200 is low compared to getting all of his treatment bills from the vet and paying for his needed husbandry supplies

Husbandry is how you care for him and what supplies you use. It is what everyone’s been commenting on. The form you filled out is a husbandry form. The vet is needed or he will continue to decline. I hate to tell you this, but $200 is low compared to getting all of his treatment bills from the vet and paying for his needed husbandry supplies
If I notice him still declining we will take him in

Do I really need a new cage? Mine was chameleon recommended.
What size is yours hun? Take a measuring tape and give us the dimensions. You have a wider format so it can make up for the height as long as its up on a table to give it the feel of being higher.

All the fake floral plants have to come out though. These are silk and an impaction risk. They are not made to hold up to a veiled trying to eat them. You can attach them on the outside but they are too risky on the inside of the cage.

Start reading through this. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I think we have harped enough on the cham being treated by a vet for the MBD.... They know. What ever the reason of not taking it in, they know. They are trying to make the other changes suggested. Which means they are putting money in to fix issues. They may not have $300 to go to a vet right now. The Parents may be choosing to spend the money they do have on buying their child's chameleon the items it needs to have to help correct the issues. But saying it repeatedly does nothing and is pointless now.

Ideally we would want any cham with health issues to be treated immediately. Especially those that pose an immediate death risk. This is one of those situations where yes the cham would benefit from seeing a reptile vet. But is not going to die tomorrow if he doesn't. But he will get worse if we do not help with the husbandry corrections.

Can we please move to helping them fix their husbandry... Right lighting, right supplements and rotation. cage corrections etc.
The MBD will get worse if we do not help them learn and get the correct items to counter act the imbalance.

But repeating over and over go to a vet does not work. And not correcting the issues at hand mean they get worse. The OP is a child and is not understanding the terms we use. How frustrating was it for you when you started and did not understand everything?

Please focus on the husbandry so we can help.

I think we have harped enough on the cham being treated by a vet for the MBD.... They know. What ever the reason of not taking it in, they know. They are trying to make the other changes suggested. Which means they are putting money in to fix issues. They may not have $300 to go to a vet right now. The Parents may be choosing to spend the money they do have on buying their child's chameleon the items it needs to have to help correct the issues. But saying it repeatedly does nothing and is pointless now.

Ideally we would want any cham with health issues to be treated immediately. Especially those that pose an immediate death risk. This is one of those situations where yes the cham would benefit from seeing a reptile vet. But is not going to die tomorrow if he doesn't. But he will get worse if we do not help with the husbandry corrections.

Can we please move to helping them fix their husbandry... Right lighting, right supplements and rotation. cage corrections etc.
The MBD will get worse if we do not help them learn and get the correct items to counter act the imbalance.

But repeating over and over go to a vet does not work. And not correcting the issues at hand mean they get worse. The OP is a child and is not understanding the terms we use. How frustrating was it for you when you started and did not understand everything?

Please focus on the husbandry so we can help.
Thank you so much for understanding it has been really hard.

What size is yours hun? Take a measuring tape and give us the dimensions. You have a wider format so it can make up for the height as long as its up on a table to give it the feel of being higher.

All the fake floral plants have to come out though. These are silk and an impaction risk. They are not made to hold up to a veiled trying to eat them. You can attach them on the outside but they are too risky on the inside of the cage.

Start reading through this. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons
The do have plants in the winter. They are inside tho instead of outside. :) I just bought some a couple days ago. 😊
i just got mine!!!

For the cage this will work for now. Just make sure your husbandry is on point :) I have any idea for the cage do you think flipping it so it has more height than width would work or no?

Back
Top Bottom