Need help determining if my 12 month panther chameleon is the right size for his age

Can I use this for my chameleon uvb light and for my heat or basking light???
No, You want a light producing bulb for heat not a ceramic. You can keep using the dual dome and just use the one side for heat. But I believe those are not rated to take any bulbs over 75 watts which can be an issue. And a linear T5 HO fixture with a 10.0 UVB bulb.
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg

My panther is also on the small size for an adult. At least compared to photos ive seen. Althkugh photos can be misleading. Having a hand in there with them def helps put it into perspective. Im not worried though, just like people.. all animals come in different sizes n shapes.

I have this on for my chameleon a reptisun bulb and a ceramic basking bulb in my mini dome am I doing good ???

Attachments

• D4FB355A-9BE8-4537-B5D9-94EE25D1D79B.jpeg
    D4FB355A-9BE8-4537-B5D9-94EE25D1D79B.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 747881E6-3F84-4C87-8F07-40F2D65C48F5.png
    747881E6-3F84-4C87-8F07-40F2D65C48F5.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 151
  • FC32E3EB-F279-467E-81D0-56B23CE867C9.png
    FC32E3EB-F279-467E-81D0-56B23CE867C9.png
    436.7 KB · Views: 156
Ok but would u recommend your bulb or the one I showed you??
It's just a basking bulb. I'd recommend anything is better then your ceramic bulb at this point. I currently use a exoterra 100w in a deep dome by itself. His basking spot is 14" below the light. What wattage you need depends on how far he will be basking from the light.

It's just a basking bulb. I'd recommend anything is better then your ceramic bulb at this point. I currently use a exoterra 100w in a deep dome by itself. His basking spot is 14" below the light. What wattage you need depends on how far he will be basking from the light.
What basking bulb do you use ??? If u don’t mind telling me please

But like I've stated and I think @Beman stated you'll only be able to put a 75w in your mini dual dome. I would start with a 75w ExoTerra or ZooMed basking bulb. Either can be found online or at any Petco or Petsmart.

But like I've stated and I think @Beman stated you'll only be able to put a 75w in your mini dual dome. I would start with a 75w ExoTerra or ZooMed basking bulb. Either can be found online or at any Petco or Petsmart.
I checked my mini dome it says 100 watts but idk if I should get the 75 or 100 help me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 158
Ok, first of all, calm down. You're stressing me out here with all the panicked messages. There's a few care guides to read along with the cheat sheets that have been posted. Just go under resources on this site and you'll see lots of info on caging, lighting, nutrition specifically for panthers. As for basking wattage, we can't tell you an exact wattage because it all depends on your set up and the ambient temp in your home. So, you're gonna have to get a few different incandescent bulbs at different wattages and test em out so you get the proper basking temp. You might also need to adjust how far the branch is from the light too to get it just right. Since you'll be needing to get a bigger cage, I'd recommend spending a little time testing these parameters out before putting your panther in the new cage.

Back
Top Bottom