Need help determining if my 12 month panther chameleon is the right size for his age

Ok, first of all, calm down. You're stressing me out here with all the panicked messages. There's a few care guides to read along with the cheat sheets that have been posted. Just go under resources on this site and you'll see lots of info on caging, lighting, nutrition specifically for panthers. As for basking wattage, we can't tell you an exact wattage because it all depends on your set up and the ambient temp in your home. So, you're gonna have to get a few different incandescent bulbs at different wattages and test em out so you get the proper basking temp. You might also need to adjust how far the branch is from the light too to get it just right. Since you'll be needing to get a bigger cage, I'd recommend spending a little time testing these parameters out before putting your panther in the new cage.
Haha I'm right there with you. OP is only 15 so...

Ok, first of all, calm down. You're stressing me out here with all the panicked messages. There's a few care guides to read along with the cheat sheets that have been posted. Just go under resources on this site and you'll see lots of info on caging, lighting, nutrition specifically for panthers. As for basking wattage, we can't tell you an exact wattage because it all depends on your set up and the ambient temp in your home. So, you're gonna have to get a few different incandescent bulbs at different wattages and test em out so you get the proper basking temp. You might also need to adjust how far the branch is from the light too to get it just right. Since you'll be needing to get a bigger cage, I'd recommend spending a little time testing these parameters out before putting your panther in the new cage.
Ok do you have a chameleon??

Can I see your enclosure and setup so I can get some pointers??

Ok so here is my lunch break lmao
6 -7 month old panther in a 2*2*4 zoomed screen enclosure raised off the ground on a nightstand and using a dragonstrand heavy duty drainage tray. For lights im using a br30 65w for basking light in dome using wood to raise it for best temp. Measure heat with 5 in cage thermo / hydrometer as well as a heat temp gun. Also for light I have a dual bulb with a 5.0 uvb and a 6500k light. This was purchased via lightyourreptiles.com and I'm very happy with it.

For water I mist manually as well as use a Tupperware with a pin hole to drip onto leaves while I'm at work and have a mist king system set to go off throughout the day as well.

As you can see the humidity in the top right is about 50% that's a few minutes after my mister went off I've got some diy feeder cups on the right as well they ain't classy looking but I'm broke and they hold worms and crickets. (Using calcium daily and calcium w d3 every other week alternate with multivitamins )

For the plants the top one is a pothos it's a good vine to hang creates hides and avenues to climb the air plants are for me more than him and I rotate the bottom "centerpiece" based on it's needs for direct sunlight. (The room has an east facing window and gets ambient light most of the day.)

@LuisG2003 I hope this helps ? View attachment 225715

View attachment 225715

Last edited:
Ok so here is my lunch break lmao
6 -7 month old panther in a 2*2*4 zoomed screen enclosure raised off the ground on a nightstand and using a dragonstrand heavy duty drainage tray. For lights im using a br30 65w for basking light in dome using wood to raise it for best temp. Measure heat with 5 in cage thermo / hydrometer as well as a heat temp gun. Also for light I have a dual bulb with a 5.0 uvb and a 6500k light. This was purchased via lightyourreptiles.com and I'm very happy with it.

For water I mist manually as well as use a Tupperware with a pin hole to drip onto leaves while I'm at work and have a mist king system set to go off throughout the day as well.

As you can see the humidity in the top right is about 50% that's a few minutes after my mister went off I've got some diy feeder cups on the right as well they ain't classy looking but I'm broke and they hold worms and crickets. (Using calcium daily and calcium w d3 every other week alternate with multivitamins )

For the plants the top one is a pothos it's a good vine to hang creates hides and avenues to climb the air plants are for me more than him and I rotate the bottom "centerpiece" based on it's needs for direct sunlight. (The room has an east facing window and gets ambient light most of the day.)

@LuisG2003 I hope this helps ? View attachment 225715

View attachment 225715
Nice wow I don’t see the chameleon ..

Bigger or smaller cage
Bigger
Nice wow I don’t see the chameleon ..
The issue isn’t really seeing this guys cham. He knows what he is doing but you don’t. Everyone here is trying to help you out but all you’re doing is going off topic. You need to help your chameleon with all the information these nice people have provided or else your chameleon won’t last long. We are here to help, so please, take it

lightyourreptiles.com
Bigger

The issue isn’t really seeing this guys cham. He knows what he is doing but you don’t. Everyone here is trying to help you out but all you’re doing is going off topic. You need to help your chameleon with all the information these nice people have provided or else your chameleon won’t last long. We are here to help, so please, take it
ok I am I just want to see his Cham to compare his with mine so if u don’t know don’t judge thank you...

ok I am I just want to see his Cham to compare his with mine so if u don’t know don’t judge thank you...
I am not judging I am only saying these people are here to help and so far everything that they have told you is going totally over your head

I am not judging I am only saying these people are here to help and so far everything that they have told you is going totally over your head
you are judging first off and second I’m taking notes plus all I’m asking the guy is for his Cham to compare each other it’s not a bad thing to ask your taking it in a bad way and I know these people are trying to help me but I’m 15 and all I want are pointers thank you

I feel like my guys a bit small but here ya go. These were taken Wednesday. 
IMG_20190227_072018.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190313_120958.jpg
    IMG_20190313_120958.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20190313_085354.jpg
    IMG_20190313_085354.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 169
Bigger

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

So do u think your chameleon looks bigger than mine your is 6-7 months and mine is 12 months??
I think it doesn't really matter. And if I were you I would stop worrying about his size and start worrying about what others in this forum have told you to do. Every chameleon is going to be different. Depending on locale, diet, size of the enclosure, and husbandry.

I think it doesn't really matter. And if I were you I would stop worrying about his size and start worrying about what others in this forum have told you to do. Every chameleon is going to be different. Depending on locale, diet, size of the enclosure, and husbandry.
Your right , thank you I need to stop worrying so much and relax

Back
Top Bottom