Need Help... Baby Jacksons Born!

ShaunaLynnA

Well as most of you know I rescued a pair of Jacksons a few weeks back and sadly lost the male. I was awaiting his vet visit during the Thanksgiving weekend and lost him due to how unhealthy he was. Well besides that there was a female who was just slightly dehydrated and okay otherwise. I am writing this post as she is giving birth, to my susprise she is delivering babies and I am so unprepared for this. I know I need to separate them from her but what should they go into, what should I feed them and should there be lighting on them like the adult? Any help on this mini emergency is welcomed :)

I put my babies into a 10 gallon aquarium on newspaper, not paper towels, once they dry out they pull humidity out of the air. High humidity 70/80% mid to high 70's during the day high 60's at night. UVB just like the adults. Fruit flies for the first couple of weeks then pin head or 2week crickets. No supplements for the first week. Fake plants as the babies are eating and pooping machines and fake is easier to clean. I don't use a basking light for the first 2 weeks. If you don't have a 10 gallon I know of people who use rubbermade tubs with screen on top with no problems. High temps kill these guys quick. So I avoid the 80's. I hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions.

James

Thank you for the advice. I have done just as you suggested and with hope I hope everything goes well. I have purchased the fruit flies and had a 10gal extra tank that I set up for them. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom