Need help ASAP please

Mr. J hahaha

Established Member
Ok so my house is being bombed tomorrow (over taken by fruit flies) and I will be moving all my animals to a different location for the mean time. But my males cage is way to large to take with me. How can I go about cleaning it to make it safe for him to live in again? It is made of all wood that sealed with shalac. Can I just wipe it down with water and vinegar? I’m so very nervous about this tomorrow and I don’t want my chams to die. Please help

Ok so my house is being bombed tomorrow (over taken by fruit flies) and I will be moving all my animals to a different location for the mean time. But my males cage is way to large to take with me. How can I go about cleaning it to make it safe for him to live in again? It is made of all wood that sealed with shalac. Can I just wipe it down with water and vinegar? I’m so very nervous about this tomorrow and I don’t want my chams to die. Please help
Can you wrap it up in a plastic barrier?

35281A19-9A11-4967-8A58-F9D4C54E5895.png

Would you prefer to keep your Cham alive or save the $20 it would cost to buy the plastic? I understand it’s big but your begging for issues by having it bombed as well. It should be removed.

I should also mention I’m disabled and I can’t lift or even attempt to take it apart. The guy is coming at 8 am tomorrow was given a last minute warning from my landlord about this bombing. I don’t know if I will even have enough time to try and get wrap.

That must be one hell of a fruit fly problem!

If this is a stand alone house, not an apartment complex, maybe you can make a deal with the landlord to allow you to fix the issue in a more cham-friendly way inturn for taking it off your normal rent payment. Just a thought...

Do you have any kids? You'd be surprised what a couple of 8yos can knock out when you put a couple of electric fly swatters in their hand. But fair warning it wont take long for one of them gets the bright idea to smack his brother with it too!

Last edited:
Try and contact the company doing the bombing and make them aware of the problem. Maybe they have some materials you could use or they might even do it for you?

My landlord is a scum lord he doesn’t care about anything. On top of that he is good friends with almost everyone that I can call to get him in trouble(I have tried and nothing happened).

The bombing happened this morning after I told the pest guy I will be like 20-30min I need to go get something to wrap my large reptile cage. The guy said ok. I came back with what I needed to find him in my house with my landlord and he already sprayed every room and was setting off the bombs as I walked in . I’m so screwed now I don’t know what to do. I flipped out on my landlord told him I’m not giving him the whole amount of next months rent because now I have to buy all new equipment for my Cham and he said if I don’t give him the full rent I will be evicted(he has the pull in my state to do so). I don’t have the funds to go get all new stuff and I won’t for a long time. On top of that, the place I was keeping all my animals one of the adults accidentally tips over my egg incubator with eggs in it. I immediately grabbed gloves and fixed them right side up. Will they be ok? Also 90% of my feeders have died from the cold so I’m screwed there as well. So yea my day has been very y. I’m so stressed right now I just want to give up.

I don't even know what to say to that other than you should have locked the scumlord in there too. Sorry to hear that.
I wanted to beat the crap out of him trust me. I was beyond angry I was shaking almost had a panic attack. Idk words can’t describe how I felt and still do.

Back
Top Bottom