Need Gutloading tips,tricks, suggestions please

Wildone666

I have a 4-5month old male panther. I have a varied feeder supply of
Dubia roaches
Meal worms
Bsfl-and hatched Flys
Bbsl- and hatched Flys
Wax worms
I blended food gelatin with all the suggested fruits and vegetables and froze in ice cubes and the bsfl love it and gorgon themselves. But I'm having less luck with the gutloading of the dubia roaches and meal worms. I have fresh papapaya and watercress and dandelion greens, and other vegetables but I don't see them being consumed very often when I put in my "overnight gut load container" any tips or suggestions or procedures on ensuring my gutloading is effective?

meal worms seem to only like hard/dry veggies like carrots and broccoli

Dubia ive only had luck eating "dry powder" and "left over salad". They would not eat the blended frozen cubes.

Welcome! Give them a little bit of each gutload ingredient, wthout blending or adding gelatin, to see if it works better
Ok will do. And im currently pulling out the feeders I want to gutload and leaving them in a smaller separate container overnight with the gutload ingredients. Is this the best way? The wax worms are a treat, maybe 1 a day or less often. The meal warms I'm putting in about 2-3 with around 10 dubia roaches and 10 bsfl, and whatever flies hatched the day before

meal worms seem to only like hard/dry veggies like carrots and broccoli

Dubia ive only had luck eating "dry powder" and "left over salad". They would not eat the blended frozen cubes.
Ok ty! And I have the repashy super gutload powder. Any suggestions on any others?

Ok will do. And im currently pulling out the feeders I want to gutload and leaving them in a smaller separate container overnight with the gutload ingredients. Is this the best way? The wax worms are a treat, maybe 1 a day or less often. The meal warms I'm putting in about 2-3 with around 10 dubia roaches and 10 bsfl, and whatever flies hatched the day before
That’s the best way. You’re still feeding your colonies right? I would only do wax and mealworms once a week. How old (and what speces and gender) is your chameleon?

That’s the best way. You’re still feeding your colonies right? I would only do wax and mealworms once a week. How old (and what speces and gender) is your chameleon?
Yes I leave and change out fruits and veggies from the larger containers of feeders. And I have a 4-5 month old male ambilobe panther

Attachments

• 20210505_150123.jpg
    20210505_150123.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom