Natural Sunlight = Appetite Stimulator?.?.

kgallego

Hello all,

Just a little topic for discussion. I'm fairly new to Panthers (~1 year), so I'm still learning alot about them every day. I've noticed that when I take them outside and let them bask in the sun for a few hours, thier appetite seems to increase.

Generally my male Ambilobe will eat 2-4 medium sized Dubia Roaches a day, or 1-2 Superworms. After taking him outside for a few hours he almost doubles that.

At this point I'm convinced that natural sunlight speeds up thier metabolism.

Any thoughts????

Hello all,

Just a little topic for discussion. I'm fairly new to Panthers (~1 year), so I'm still learning alot about them every day. I've noticed that when I take them outside and let them bask in the sun for a few hours, thier appetite seems to increase.

Generally my male Ambilobe will eat 2-4 medium sized Dubia Roaches a day, or 1-2 Superworms. After taking him outside for a few hours he almost doubles that.

At this point I'm convinced that natural sunlight speeds up thier metabolism.

Any thoughts????

Chams and most cold blooded animals in general, like to raise their body temperature by basking before they eat. I think if you had a basking spot indoors, as hot as their basking spots outside, you'd notice a similar increase in appetite.

Nothing beats the sun.
The natural light spectrum is more complete than bulbs.
Effectively they are the infrared but also and mostly the UVa who stimulate mood, the reproduction and...the appetite ! The UVa help to the psychological well-being.
I think they are also more curious outside because of the wind.

I thoud I'd ad that my little guy won't even look at a bug unless he's been basking for a good half hour or so.

Chams and most cold blooded animals in general, like to raise their body temperature by basking before they eat. I think if you had a basking spot indoors, as hot as their basking spots outside, you'd notice a similar increase in appetite.

Their indoor basking light is between 80-95 deg F, based on where they sit.

Back
Top Bottom