Nats fruit flies

They are probably soil gnats. You could try a sundew (drosera capensis) or a Katchy.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Ind...ufcuIYgOb2dx5mTQsbY8BQ15ygXBt9vhoCUyAQAvD_BwE
F9513ED8-AF85-4A24-AA60-02604543A7C2.png

I love how sundews look!! We have a nursery near that’s super good and everyone is really knowledgeable (its wayyyy overpriced but a really good place to buy from, all plants literally look perfect and happy) called Swansons nursery and they have sundews, Venus flytraps and pitcher plants, (and a ton of others) and anyways I really want some sundews, I already have a pitcher plant that doing great from there as well, I’ve had it for about a year!

Carnivorous plants are a fun hobby. This sundew hitchhiked on one of my plants. Drosera capensis are my favorite, very easy and look awesome... oh and they wipe out soil gnats...

Attachments

• 20201022_173023.jpg
    20201022_173023.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 59
Are y’all just keeping in same room or in bottom of cage
I keep outside of my enclosures. With three bioactive enclosures though, they aren’t able to keep up very well so I am very tempted to put them inside, if even for a couple of days.
Just make sure to read up on their soil requirements. Mine require a nutrient poor soil and distilled water.

I keep outside of my enclosures. With three bioactive enclosures though, they aren’t able to keep up very well so I am very tempted to put them inside, if even for a couple of days.
Just make sure to read up on their soil requirements. Mine require a nutrient poor soil and distilled water.

I had 3 capensis keep up and eliminate all gnats with 5 chameleons all bioactively and 1 very bad gnat infestation. How big are yours they can't keep up?

I had 3 capensis keep up and eliminate all gnats with 5 chameleons all bioactively and 1 very bad gnat infestation. How big are yours they can't keep up?
I have 2 capensis and they aren’t very big yet. I have 2 other sundews, a pitcher plant and Venus flytrap, but across the house from my enclosures. Probably not a bad idea to put them in the same room, huh. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom