My Yemen Is Getting Colourful

Jess23

I took some pics of my Yemen tonight, he's got some nice colours now. A bit grumpy these days since he had to go to the vet for his burned horn, but he's ok once he's had a huff and puff :rolleyes:

DSCF2235.jpg

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2260.jpg

DSCF2263.jpg

DSCF2271.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg

DSCF2287.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2309.jpg

dont think its a horn, they call it the casque. unfortuate accident, but it happens. thats why hot heat bulbs should never be laid right on top of the cage, and/or the basking perch shouldnt be so close. he is getting some real great colours on him, its awsome to watch veileds mature as they get more and more colour. im sure its awsome to watch panthers mature too, but ive never been able to see this. it seems like yesterday that my girlfriends veiled was just a little boy, months later hes striking.

on a side note, i love male veileds cause they have such a big head and tiny eyes haha. its cute

You have a very handsome veiled! I love how the last picture shows his colors.

Have you tried putting some Silvadene Cream on his casque ? Use it every night for a couple of weeks that might help a little.

Thanks everyone!

He has been having some cream put on by the vet and it seems to have improved, the vet is happy with it anyway. He's been off the cream for a few weeks now as it just has to take time to heal :) Im not sure what the cream was called but it was bloomin' expensive for the tiny amount they used! lol!!

Is he too fat?? I can never work out whats too fat or too thin. He gets about 4 tubs of crickets a week and a couple of locusts. The locusts come in tubs of 12 but im not sure about the crickets, there must be 20-25 in there.

Is that too many?? They are always all gone the next day when i put them in!

Whats wrong with my husbandry?? He looks pretty healthy to me.

Im not asking for help just responding to someone saying he is overweight.

Back
Top Bottom