My WC Tamataves

jessica

Avid Member
The chance to work with my favorite local! First I gotta say Thank You to Red Island (Ray ;)) it's about time we see some of these guys.

I've had these guys for about 3 weeks and they are to GREAT! Eating a drinking like little piggies :D So here they are my Gorgeous WC Tamataves

Steak and Eggs

Steak
DSC_0157-1.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Eggs
DSC_0174.jpg

Steak is mellow and pretty easy going. He's going through a couple sheds right now. Eggs is more on the skitish side as you can tell by the one quick photo I got of her lol

Thanks for looking

Nice panthers you got there Jessica.
Glad to hear that they are doing well for you. Keep us posted as I have a couple of empty cages that might need filling. :)

Harry

Congrats Jessica! They look great! Steak is one handsome guy! Hopefully Eggs will come around with time so we can get a better look at her.

Nice panthers you got there Jessica.
Glad to hear that they are doing well for you. Keep us posted as I have a couple of empty cages that might need filling. :)

Harry

Thanks Harry! I'm sure when it comes breeding time I won't be able to contain myself!!

Tamataves are a great local. However they are not seen much in captivity anymore. Good luck breeding them.

Thank you, it would be great to see some CB

Congrats Jessica! They look great! Steak is one handsome guy! Hopefully Eggs will come around with time so we can get a better look at her.

Thank you Jann. I guess I lucked out too because Steak is actually quite tame. Eggs is sweet when she sees the blue feeding cup lol Hopefully I will get some better pictures of her in time.

Are you treating them for worms or parasites?

Not yet, I don't treat my WC for parasites until they have acclimated at least 30 days unless it's a life threatening situation. With all of the stress more then likely they are going to have a heavy load of something and sometimes treating heavy loads does more damage then letting the chameleons natural defense take care of it until the stress subsides.

Not yet, I don't treat my WC for parasites until they have acclimated at least 30 days unless it's a life threatening situation. With all of the stress more then likely they are going to have a heavy load of something and sometimes treating heavy loads does more damage then letting the chameleons natural defense take care of it until the stress subsides.

I agree, good strategy with the treatment. Glad to see another pair go to someone who plans on establishing captive born Tamatave. Thanks Jessica!

Do you have a vet you can trust?

They look nice! Let me know when you have eggs! I want some babies :D

There's a pretty good vet near here. We also have UC Davis, which is a great resource!

Do you have a vet you can trust?

I honestly would have never started getting involved with WCs with out a good Vet, Dr Brick has alot of experience with chameleons. I also have my own microscope and I have experience reading fecals. I like to be prepared ;)

They look nice! Let me know when you have eggs! I want some babies :D

There's a pretty good vet near here. We also have UC Davis, which is a great resource!

I sure will, it would be cool to have some babies stay local!

Back
Top Bottom