my veiled hates getting wet

scruggyj

My juvy male veiled hates getting misted.

When hand misting his cage I try to get the whole cage and try to get him a little wet as well.

I don't spray him directly but do try to get some moisture on him.

as soon as I start he takes off running. He seems to hate it. I have seen him drink off the leaves..etc but he can't stand getting misted at all.

That concerns me about getting a mist king or something like that. Not sure he would do well with his whole enclosure getting blasted like that.

What do you guys think? Do any of your chams do this?

Yeah mines not a big fan of being misted either, but he likes the showers. I know a lot of people here use warmer water to mist with and their chams generally enjoy the warm mist.

Yeah mines not a big fan of being misted either, but he likes the showers. I know a lot of people here use warmer water to mist with and their chams generally enjoy the warm mist.

I use warm water as well. Doesn't seem to help.

He is a big sissy about most things anyway. Not mean or agressive but very shy.

My juvy male veiled hates getting misted.

When hand misting his cage I try to get the whole cage and try to get him a little wet as well.

I don't spray him directly but do try to get some moisture on him.

as soon as I start he takes off running. He seems to hate it. I have seen him drink off the leaves..etc but he can't stand getting misted at all.

That concerns me about getting a mist king or something like that. Not sure he would do well with his whole enclosure getting blasted like that.

What do you guys think? Do any of your chams do this?

This is a question ive been asking myself, mine also hates being hand misted but only when the waters cold, otherwise warm water he loves, ive been reading and it looks like heaters for misters are out of the question, i guess we can only try and hope for the best, providing he's got somewhere to retreat to once your mister turns on im only going to assume he would be fine ;)

Back
Top Bottom