My veiled chameleon will not lay eggs

Lukedoust

Hello all,
Well my veiled chameleon has layed 2 clutches so far and should of layed her third by now but she does not seem to want to lay them.
She went through a stage of stopping eating and digging every where now she does not want to dig.
i have a pot in the cage which she has layed twice in it and now she wont go near it (acept to eat food :D) she is very very very fat :p (gravid) but one thing i have noticed she has became very very stressy. the realy confusing thing is that she wont dig at all now, their is no signs of her digging either its been along time since she first started digging now and im getting worried

Stopping the digging is a bad sign. She sounds like she is eggbound. I would take her to a vet ASAP.

Did she see you watching her while she was digging?

How big were the previous clutches?

Thanks

hey and thanks to the speedy reply, to my knowlege she did not see me while she was digging, i hope she isnt egg bound but i will take her to the vet.
i have called them up and they said they will phone back... they havnt and it has been a week

I cant even pick her up any more she just tryed to bite me, she has never been this stressy before.
is it because she is in pain? or does she not like me :(

I would call the vet again. I can't tell you if she's in pain or not....but chameleons can be stressed when they are gravid.

Back
Top Bottom