My Veiled attacked me...literally....

BPelizabeth

I have to say I am in total shock right now. My male is almost a year old...he has grown very quickly and is always so friendly...espescially with women. Never bit doesn't even warn you....just a total sweetheart.

Today...I was 3 hours late putting his greens in his cage. His light was on....he was a very pretty bright color. I put his greens in as I do everyday just in case he is interested. I noticed one of his branches had slipped so I grabbed it from the bottom and started to fix it. He instantly turned around...charged down another vine and literally bit the tip of my finger half off. When I say he went after me.....he was running after me to get me. I was trying to pull my hand out and he flew at me. ????????????

I dont get it...he has never acted like this!!!! He wasn't dark at all when I put him in. He was shedding just a touch on his tail....no biggie...he is always shedding something. So anyone have any clue as to what that was about???

I am just so freaked out by the whole thing...and let me tell you....I have been bit by a lot of things and its not that big of a deal. This bite...wow...shocked by it and boy....does that hurt. I just did my little patch job on the finger as there is no way I am going for stitches only to listen to some dr. freak out ....lol.

I find that my young adult males get very territorial. Once you get out of their cages they are just as nice as can be, but that hand coming into their cage means something is invading their home and they get feisty. If I need to make repairs or changes in the male cages I always take them out first. It is safer that way and by no means if they ever grab my finger I don't pull! Those little serrated teeth work just like a serrated knife.

good to know...he has just never ever been like that. EVER!!!! He interacts with my son and some of the other kids and has been nothing but so gentle and over the top friendly. Even the vet was commenting on how nice he was when he went in. I was thinking maybe he is ready to mate or something like that. I mean seriously......are you mad because your greens you hardly touch were late....lol.

Just a crazy situation! And the pull thing....oye....I so know that!! But when your in the situation...whats your first instinct....to pull....:rolleyes:.(stupid...stupid me)..

Funnily enough I've managed to spook George into hissing at me while I was reaching in to get some dead leaves out from the bottom of his cage. It's just a territorial thing. He saw you as an invader and wanted to drive you out, yet like has been said, if you got him out he would have probably just calmed and not given a poop.

I've heard Chameleon bites are painful. I mean, you see and hear them crunch down on those insects really brutally, they're dead the moment the jaws shut. Those jaws are powerful.

Holy crap they are painful!!! I mean we have a mean iggy that gets a hold of me occasionally and I have been tagged by the snakes, mistakenly bit by the beardie trying to eat a flower and scratched up pretty bad from a monitor....but this WOW...he got me good and because like an idiot I pulled away I literally ripped half the top and side of my finger almost completely off. So....this will certainly go down in the worst bite category.

Back
Top Bottom