My veild chameleon laid eggs

Jairo1234

My female finally laid her eggs hopefully all fertile and also was wondering does it matter how I place them in the media and also my media is not ready until 2-3 hours can they last that long the eggs ?

Attachments

• 74933B8E-CB10-41BC-A52E-79146621BD98.jpeg
    74933B8E-CB10-41BC-A52E-79146621BD98.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 75
I incubate the eggs the same way that Lynda (kinyonga) does. Put them in a plastic Tupperware shoe box with about 3 inches of moist vermiculite and keep them in a closet where the temps with be around 76 degrees. I punch two tiny holes in the lid. To test for moisture, take a fist full of the vermiculite and squeeze it, if no more than a drop or two of water comes out then the moisture level should be okay. Do not turn the eggs as you move them from where they were laid to the container. Lay them in rows about an inch apart in all directions in shallow dents made with your thumb in the vermiculite. Put the lid on and place them in a dark place where the temperature is between 72-78 F. Moisture will form on the sides of the container and underside of the lid. It takes about 8 to 9 months for the eggs to hatch. It they are not fertile they will mold over in a couple of weeks.

Hi all I can say, is the place where you have chosen to incubate ( providing you have planned this ) can it sustain a regulated temp for the duration of incubation ?

You said..."my media is not ready until 2-3 hours can they last that long the eggs ?"...
You should have had the media ready before you dug them up.
Hopefully they are in the incubation container by now and are ok. Where have they been sitting while you got the setup ready? Temperature where they were sitting?

Good luck.

If you rotate the eggs not long after they were laid it won't hurt them. I don't know the exact cut off point at which they should no longer be rotated after. I have heard of the odd accidental rotation after the cut off time though where they still hatched.

If you rotate the eggs not long after they were laid it won't hurt them. I don't know the exact cut off point at which they should no longer be rotated after. I have heard of the odd accidental rotation after the cut off time though where they still hatched.
Oh ok I’ll have to wait then and also can I candle them ? To see the embro. Also I did not really rotate them I digged them up and then I put them in the media the same way I put them but I don’t know if that is considered rotating and also I did roaster them to clean them only on some like not upside down rotate like juts like clock wise but the egg how it was

Congrats!!!

It took about a month before the 1st red dot was seen or noticed. They were removed on Dec. 1st.
Personally I would wait at least 30 days before you look for something.

1st was Feb 20th
2nd was March 31st
3rd was April 9th
4th is a different egg from same batch

Attachments

• PXL_20210220_184427849 (1).jpg
    PXL_20210220_184427849 (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 62
  • PXL_20210331_140324616.jpg
    PXL_20210331_140324616.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20210409_142136537.jpg
    PXL_20210409_142136537.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20210409_142205400.jpg
    PXL_20210409_142205400.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 61
Putting them in the media the same way you picked them up without rolling them over is fine.
Congrats!!!

It took about a month before the 1st red dot was seen or noticed. They were removed on Dec. 1st.
Personally I would wait at least 30 days before you look for something.

1st was Feb 20th
2nd was March 31st
3rd was April 9th
4th is a different egg from same batch
Thanks and will do

It won't hurt to have a couple of tiny holes in the side of the container. Do not pour any water on the eggs...if you have to add water add it around the edge of the container. You should get water drops on the inside walls an inside of the lid of the container...it's ok. When you check on the eggs don't leave the lid off the container for any longer than absolutely necessary...you want to keep the "atmosphere" inside unchanged as much as possible.

What temperature are you incubating them at?

It won't hurt to have a couple of tiny holes in the side of the container. Do not pour any water on the eggs...if you have to add water add it around the edge of the container. You should get water drops on the inside walls an inside of the lid of the container...it's ok. When you check on the eggs don't leave the lid off the container for any longer than absolutely necessary...you want to keep the "atmosphere" inside unchanged as much as possible.

Ok thanks

I was going to ask at what temp sould I have them at I put a heat mat at the bottom and the temp went up to 91 is That ok I won’t let that happen again but I had them at 75f

Back
Top Bottom