my trip to the shedd aquarium

nightcrawler

Avid Member
i went to the shedd aquarium yesterday with my girlfriend and i wanted to show you the bad pictures that i took. right now they have the komoto king and about 2 dozen other reptiles there. they only had one chameleon, but they have two chameleons all the time in the madagascar fish and wildlife area. here are some pics.

the reptile part...
shedd092.jpg

shedd091.jpg

shedd080.jpg

shedd079.jpg

shedd078.jpg

shedd095.jpg

shedd077.jpg

and my girlfriend getting eaten by the big panter...
shedd081.jpg

and the madagascar part...
shedd089.jpg

shedd088.jpg

shedd087.jpg

sorry the pics are not good but i didnt have a good setting with out the flash going off and mine you cant just turn it off, to my understanding.

I went there back in October since I was already there for the NARBC in Tinley Park. It was sorta cool to see more reptiles than they normally have. The Mellers was awesome, because of him I hope to have one someday, of course that would be when I have a spare room and that isn't happening any time soon :) But the komodo was cool but he stayed in one spot the whole time! But I am glad you had fun there!

Thank you for sharing your not-so-bad photos. They are much better than no photos at all. If I knew this exhibit existed in Chicago, I would have gone there. Some dehydration action going on with the ambilobe there tho.

yea he stayed in the same spot, but it was still fun. they had a bunch of dart frogs and turtles and i was really shocked. i thought it was all fish. im glad tho. and i also went to the NARBC in tinley because it was like 10 minutes away from my house. i got my turtles there. i also ohmost convinced my girlfriend to get pygmys instead because we didnt see baby turtles, but then she seen them and we got them.

I grew up in Chicagoland and the Shedd Aquarium was one of my favorite places. They didn't have reptiles then and I am sure it is so much better all these years later! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom