female rostral horn
3780700844_b9ab3be4fd_b.jpg

male
3780077921_923a76f01d_b.jpg

male
3780078001_a92edfcc89_b.jpg

male
3780078067_f458c96067_b.jpg

WOW!!!!! You really have some nice chameleons! Great pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Yes, but only one time with limited success. Some time ago I've kept a single pair of those gorgeous animals. One time the female give live birth to 9 juvenils (3 died the first two days), the next time she was really really fat and I hoped for nearly 20 juveniles, but the result are a big clutch of wax egg things :(. One month after this I gave this pair away.

I have now a 6.5 group, the first bright green female looks very good I hope she give live birth the next days.

There is my group of these.:D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 336
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 292
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 393
Benny if they do start to multiply with some regularity maybe we can slip a few cb in a future shipment for cain :D

Benny! It's about time you posted them! There are a couple of males that are sure to be stunning once they acclimate. Hopefully you can turn around some of those rough females. I like your IKEA cages :) What has it been, two weeks since you first received them?

Martin, that is a very nice group you have-- thanks for sharing the photos! How long have you been keeping merumontanus? Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Fabián

Wow,they are soo cool,Thanks for sharing!!
I would love a pair of these i have been looking for them for years,i always miss them:( They get snapped up pretty quickly in the uk and most die:(
I have never worked with any livebearing chameleons,But they are on my list!!

Cheers

Luke

merumontanus: Thank you very much. I have been keeping meru for about 2 years and I totaly fall in love with these. What about your meru keeping?

merumontanus: Thank you very much. I have been keeping meru for about 2 years and I totaly fall in love with these. What about your meru keeping?

Hi. I've kept merumontanus for about four years, but have not been successful in breeding them past F1. I currently have a 1.3 group and a few more will be added to the group this week (expecting another 1.4).

They have always been my favorite taxon in the Chamaeleonidae-- but very difficult to keep in captivity for me. I'm hoping that I've refined their management and husbandry in the last few years to ensure success this time, but we'll have to see.

Have you had any success in breeding them (from true captive copulations)? Again, welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your animals.

One time the female give live birth to 9 juvenils (3 died the first two days)

Benny, how long did the rest of the neonates survive?

Fabián

Hi. I've kept merumontanus for about four years, but have not been successful in breeding them past F1. I currently have a 1.3 group and a few more will be added to the group this week (expecting another 1.4).

They have always been my favorite taxon in the Chamaeleonidae-- but very difficult to keep in captivity for me. I'm hoping that I've refined their management and husbandry in the last few years to ensure success this time, but we'll have to see.

Have you had any success in breeding them (from true captive copulations)? Again, welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your animals.

Benny, how long did the rest of the neonates survive?

Fabián

Thanks for welcome. Now I have F1 seven months old and waiting till they are at least one year old for mating. I saw your wonderful web site, exciting photos and videos!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 270
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 266
Beautiful groups Benny and Hora!!!!! I hope you guys have great success with them.

ANd yes, I will take some CB specimen off your hands, Benny;)

Thanks for welcome. Now I have F1 seven months old and waiting till they are at least one year old for mating. I saw your wonderful web site, exciting photos and videos!

Amazing! I'd love to hear more about your husbandry.

1. How long do you house them together for mating?

2. What kind of cages do you use?

3. What type of lighting?

4. Most importantly, what species of insects do you provide, and what is your supplementation regimen? What do you feed your insects?

I hope you don't mind answering all these questions when you have time. It's really great to see the success you're having-- it's definitely motivating for me.

Cheers!

Fabián

Amazing! I'd love to hear more about your husbandry.

1. How long do you house them together for mating?

2. What kind of cages do you use?

3. What type of lighting?

4. Most importantly, what species of insects do you provide, and what is your supplementation regimen? What do you feed your insects?

I hope you don't mind answering all these questions when you have time. It's really great to see the success you're having-- it's definitely motivating for me.

Cheers!

Fabián

1. I house them together since they are mating then I move female to her own cage.

2. I use Lucky Reptile OpenAir Vivarium 40x40x60 cm

3. Sunlight! as it is possible in my country (about 6-7 months). In winter I use Narva ReptiLight with 4% UV-B and 30% UV-A

4. I provide many wc spider species -the most favourite-, from insects: flies (fed on pollen and honey), sometimes crickets (fed on dry milk+coco nut+sunflower seeds+oatmeal+pollard+pollen+spirulina+yeast) and wc insect like butterflies, dragonflies etc

Back
Top Bottom