My sweet girl Ivy died laying her clutch

Reptofreak

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yesterday was laying day for Ivy and things seemed to be going fine. She had dug her nest and started to lay around 8pm and was still at it when I checked up on her around 10pm. By 11pm she had finished laying and was dead. I was shocked and am very bummed today. She was such a sweet girl and I’m going to be missing spending time with her for quit a while.

Her clutch was massive, 77 eggs and I feel it was my fault for feeding her to much. I will definitely be adhering to the reduced diet for females in the future.
6C853F43-B66B-4307-96BF-9706FB54C871.png
8D4FB74E-CB9C-47DC-928A-10E23BB2F669.jpeg
E55414FD-931D-4482-83FE-11CAFDB64558.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear about Ivy's passing! :( I wonder if it had anything to do with that episode she had late last month??
I wonder this myself, Guess there’s really no way to know for sure as I have already burred her under my Apple tree. I did consider dissecting her myself to examine her oviducts for abnormalities, but I just decided to leave the poor girl be.

She was very special to me and my wife and we would spend hours observing her. But on the brighter side I will have her babies from her first clutch hatching this summer.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONDOLENCES

77 eggs is a large clutch, you will have some babies to carry on her legacy, she looked to be a very sweet big girl. Very sad day... she went to cham heaven...

Yesterday was laying day for Ivy and things seemed to be going fine. She had dug her nest and started to lay around 8pm and was still at it when I checked up on her around 10pm. By 11pm she had finished laying and was dead. I was shocked and am very bummed today. She was such a sweet girl and I’m going to be missing spending time with her for quit a while.

Her clutch was massive, 77 eggs and I feel it was my fault for feeding her to much. I will definitely be adhering to the reduced diet for females in the future.View attachment 256246View attachment 256247View attachment 256248
Sorry for the loss of ur beautiful girl

Back
Top Bottom