My set-up

Bowmancj85

Currently have a Jackson Chameleon. This set up is only gonna be up for another month or so, chameleon outgrowing quickly. As of now I have a repti fogger and a homemade drip system into the tank. Misting 3-4 time a day to keep everything moist as needed.

I understant these terrariums are not the best for the chameleon. A lot of times i have one of the front doors opened up partially or fully to allow for adequate ventilation and he climbs right out onto the edges to relax. Also have a fake tree inside which he free roams on in the sun light. This was all a quick purchase and I think I did pretty well.

Looking to upgrade to either a 2x2x4 dragon strand or canvas chameleon fortress cage in the next week or so and have a week to get everything set up.
Just received my mist king system.

Also the Jackson may be leaving and going to a friend and I am getting a Amilobe Panther as young as possible.

Any feedback is helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_2479_zps37231660.jpg

IMG_2480_zps872eb8b9.jpg

IMG_2482_zps7159592e.jpg

Your Jackson has great color, nice job on the enclosure. Here are some thoughts:

Cover the drip-catching bowl with screen so the cham won't drink out of it.

Consider live plants, especially Pathos, which will quickly fill a 2x2x4 cage.

Jacksons are a Montane species, they need lower temperatures, make sure your basking bulb isn't too high wattage, glass hold heat in, screen lets it out.

Keep up the good husbandry you have begun!:D

CHEERS!

Nick

Yea I have plans for the larger cage. Around the bottom and left side it's about 72 basking is about 85. The catch bowl is just there. Not really catching anything lol. She just keeps putting it back in.

May I ask why the Jackson might be going to a friend? Such a beautiful creature would be so hard to let slip out of my hands! :confused:

I'm getting a panther and one cage. The Jackson is going to outgrow the terrarium and have no where to put another cage or I would keep it.

Please do not give away your magnificant Jackson's. He is absolutely a gem. Keep him and have both.

Can...can I have him? I'd have to hide it in my basement (it's a playroom not like a cellar cause my parents say no more animals, but...it'd be worth it :eek:

Also take the substrate on the bottom out. He can ingest it if he goes for a feeder or to drink or something and become impacted.

Thats a very lovely jackson! Gotta love those magnificent horns! Uggghhh... :D

Nice set-up although as others have said I recommend more vegetation pothos are great to hang and maybe some arboricola. That would be great for hanging for a small cham like a jackson. Also about the substrate just ditch it if I were you. Extra things to clean and danger of ingestion and impaction which could lead to death. Other than that everything should be great.

Back
Top Bottom