My Pygmy Chameleon Viv

Please judge me! This was originally going to house a few cobalt tincs but then I cam across a lady selling a 1.1 pair of Pygmy's! Gave her a call as soon as I saw the ad and she agreed to sell them to me once I have everything set up (which I already kind of do, but now I want to tinker around with it for a few days).
So here are some photos of the viv (24Lx18Dx18H Exo Terra)! Please please please give me your feedback and ANY suggestions that you may have, especially lighting! I have read a billion different views on the "most appropriate" lighting used. I have removed the coconut hut (it was for the darts) and plan on drying out some leaves to throw in as some leaf litter.

Remember, the coconut hut is no longer in there!

Current inhabitant, Larry the glass Slug

There is a sheet of Plexiglass on top in these photos but I took it off and replaced it with the screen top.

spectacular viv, this is one of the most elaborate and well set up Ive seen, congrats!

This would be amazing for some dart frogs too :D
Thanks so much! Pets always deserve the best, so I try to give them that :)

Fantastic, just add a few branches for walkways and it would be a Pygmy paradise!
Awesome! I just picked up a few new branches so I'll give them a nice scrub down and incorporate them into the set up. Also picked up a few more tropical plants that will hopefully grow in nicely.

I saw that ad for the pygmies and was very tempted... so glad you are getting them!!! :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of them in this little paradise you created!!!

I saw that ad for the pygmies and was very tempted... so glad you are getting them!!! :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of them in this little paradise you created!!!
Haha it's so funny how we always see the same chameleon ads =P I'm very excited about them too. I hope the female is either already gravid or will be soon, so hopefully I can start a generation of captive bred pigs, to which I would definitely contact you about!

I seriously want a glass slug now. he would love my tank that has only had plants since February because I havent ordered my frogs yet.

I want to set up my pygmy Viv now but Im waiting 2 months until I get mine because my friends has some eggs but he's not selling them to anyone else but anyways I though I was gonna get some pigs in January but that didn't work out and I had the tank set up for months until I got flies and maggots so I decided not to set up my viv until I know I'm getting my pigs which is a shame cause I already have 3 live plants. Does that slug get rid of any maggots that would be in the tank by any chance?:D

I want to set up my pygmy Viv now but Im waiting 2 months until I get mine because my friends has some eggs but he's not selling them to anyone else but anyways I though I was gonna get some pigs in January but that didn't work out and I had the tank set up for months until I got flies and maggots so I decided not to set up my viv until I know I'm getting my pigs which is a shame cause I already have 3 live plants. Does that slug get rid of any maggots that would be in the tank by any chance?:D
I'm confused, did you think the slug to be real or are you joking? =P He's very much a fake glass slug. Nothing special about him at all besides the fact that he is totally awesome.

No I was just kidding I meant to put a :D face but I just edited that but if would be cool for a slug like that to be real, imagine a little pygmy walking over it.

Larry is moving out once the pigs move in. He says he's looking for something that is more "extravagant." I told him he can build it himself then, greedy little green slug.

haha lol I read it was a fake slug, tought it was real

Back
Top Bottom