My pugmies in thier new home :D

ABbuggin

Finally got the tank all finished. :) That is, except for adding the isopods and spring tails. Will do that tomorrow. Let me know what you think! Constructive criticism is welcome! These are my first chams so let me know what is on your mind. :D

Also, the lid I made from scratch. I like it a LOT. I'd be willing to make them (or other types) for others too. :D

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

And one last pic of two sleeping a few days before the tank was complete. :D

Wow, is all I can say. That is a fantastic enclosure, props to you. It looks like you used the chameleon-news Pygmy Chameleon article to help you construct it :p. You may want to add some more sticks, though; something that they can grip tight with their little feet.

Wow, is all I can say. That is a fantastic enclosure, props to you. It looks like you used the chameleon-news Pygmy Chameleon article to help you construct it :p. You may want to add some more sticks, though; something that they can grip tight with their little feet.

You bet I did. :p Great article. Thanks for reminding me about the sticks, I knew i forgot something. :rolleyes: There are some perfect grape vines growing in the woods behind my house.

I also want to add that I went about this very "cheaply". Including the chameleons, I only spent about $200-$250.:D

You bet I did. :p Great article. Thanks for reminding me about the sticks, I knew i forgot something. :rolleyes: There are some perfect grape vines growing in the woods behind my house.

I also want to add that I went about this very "cheaply". Including the chameleons, I only spent about $200-$250.:D

But from the looks of that tank you sure have your money's worth, it looks great.:D

Looks pretty dang good. A few more twigs couldn't hurt. :) I wish mine looked like that. Mine is just a random blast of plants with twigs and leaves. I'm working on growing some moss.

What did you use for the walls??

Looks amazing, I'm making a new enclosure and picking up ideas

What did you use for the walls??

Looks amazing, I'm making a new enclosure and picking up ideas

I used pressed cork slabs. They can be bought from joshsfrogs.com, but they are not cheap! Being a worker at the local museum I got them free along with the light, and half of the plants in the tank. :D

I actually decided to put the isopods (aka rollie pollies) and the spring tails in last night. I though it may be better for the isopods since the chams would be sleeping....give them some time to hide. That plan didn't work out too well though. I only had the light on for 5 minutes, and in that time all three of the chams woke up and ate at least a dozen on the isopods. :rolleyes: Good think I put about a 100 in there! lol

now now, just because you have viv with grow lights, doesnt mean you can go on and grow your weed in your pygmy tank now :rolleyes: hahaha that is a sweet looking set up you have there, and i know those arent weed leaves lol. you using money trees?

now now, just because you have viv with grow lights, doesnt mean you can go on and grow your weed in your pygmy tank now :rolleyes: hahaha that is a sweet looking set up you have there, and i know those arent weed leaves lol. you using money trees?

ROFL! :D I got the two plants your talking about (the ones in the corners) from the museum. I was told that they are water chestnut trees. They actually do very well in tanks, and if you clip the top off, they really branch out. I'll be doing that once they reach the top of the tank. ;)

Back
Top Bottom