My precious little baby is here!!

Thanks guys! Don't worry...as obsessed as I am about this little guy, there will probably be more pictures than you know what to do with! :)

I got a cham from the Krammers over a year ago and have been very pleased.

In no way was Manga misrepresented. I had pictures of both his parents and the Krammers were able to (quite successfully) describe his adult coloration. He was bright, alert, and healthy upon arrival. I was given very explicit instructions and the Krammers were available by phone when I called with any questions. They were very knowledgable and forthright.

I believe that though they run a business by raising chameleons, they are able to provide a full time commitment to the animals they raise. There are too many "backyard breeders" out there that give no thought to the animals they raise nor the welfare of the numberous babies that come from even a singular clutch.

This thread is the first time I have heard anything bad about the Krammers and I hope that any disparaging remarks can be verified and are not just based on rumors. it is very easy to make an off-handed remark without even mentioning your qualifications that allow you to make such an accusation.

There are a number of professional breeders that are in the US and many of them are members of this forum. Aside from the "squabbling" that occurs about the "origins" of the imported chams, I truly believe that most, if not all of them, care about the care and the welfare of the chams they produce.

This forum differs from many others in that this community tries to be optimistic and helpful. I , personally, would appreciate if all members to try
refrain from deviating from this goal.

Matthew Wheelock, DVM

Sorry this reply to an earlier thread was so late in coming, but thought that it was important to make my feelings known on the subject.

Sorry to dredge up a topic since everyone has moved on. (should have looked at the date of the thread.)

Matthew

Karebear,

I am sure by now you have named your gorgeous new friend ...but in case you haven't....
I think he should be called Robert.
He looks like a Robert.
:)

-Brad

Hahaha...Robert! I actually haven't named him yet! I can name everyone else's pets something cute and clever...but not this little guy! My boyfriend says I should name him Mr. Brooks...but he doesn't seem like a killer to me! Right now we just call him "my CHameleon"...but with a 'Ch' sound...as in 'cheeeese'. I will have to give 'Robert' a strong consideration. Any other suggestions would be fun!

Ha! It's been my experience that they tend to name themselves. They will do something that will put their name into your head. Fractal was supposed to be a female.... but one day he hit the ground on full prowel after a cricket and his whole body went stripped. The F word just flew out my mouth.... no not that one... FRACTAL... and so it was. <G>

Hey Ren.... your saying is one of my all time favourites. I use it all the time. It immortalizes John Lennon, yeah?

The new cham is fresh and clean looking. I can see it's beginning to wonder about the camera thing though. lol
Congrats on the new baby....sweet. :D

Back
Top Bottom