My panther is not doing well

Meg4433

Established Member
he is 2 1/2 years old. Both his eyes are shut. He ate last on Saturday. He seems dehydrated. His eyes a little sunken. I am about ready to give up. I was able to get some water down him today. When this happens is it his time? I am leaving Friday for like 7 days. Ugh I am stressed.

Hate to hear this @Meg4433. Unfortunately, the symptoms you described could be a myriad of issues. Impaction, infection, parasites, etc. If he is to the point where you are having to give him fluids, it is pretty bad. I would get him to a vet just in the off chance that it is something easily treatable like parasites.

Pic??

I can send you a picture tomorrow. He's sleeping right now. i don't think it's impact ion. He pooped yesterday a little. Parasites how do they get that? I have had him for a long time and he's been fine. He gonna have to go to the vet. How long can they be like that and survive I hate the thought of my daughter having to get him put to sleep. Considering doing that Thursday but am wondering if I am jumping the gun.

They can have impactions/blockages and still poop. But that is neither here nor there. They can get parasites from feeders is just one example. I have had CBB animals that have got parasites.

The biggest question.... was this a quick onset of issues or was this a gradual onset. Meaning did you come in one day and he was lethargic with eyes closed or did you notice him slowly declining? I think you are jumping the gun just a bit. When chameleons are sick they just shut down. You would be amazed at how long they can go like that too. It is really quite awful to watch them linger in a state such as this. If he defecates again, bag it up and throw it in the fridge for the vet.

Slowly declining one eye shut often or off and on when it should be open. Then both.

I would say there must be an infection. A vet visit is a must to get Lincoln started on antibiotics. That is if that's what it is. I am not claiming to be able to diagnose him via forum. But his slow decline suggests something building in his system like infection. Getting some antibiotics in his system and some sub-q fluids may change things for him quickly.

Back
Top Bottom