My panther at 5 months

The colors scream female to me, but she could be a male. I went back and looked at photos of my ambilobe male at about 3 months old and he looks pretty ambiguous as well, which surprised me because I didn't remember that. So I guess s/he really could go either way! lol

The only way to tell is wait! Only time will tell you for sure what you've got. I think yours may be around 3 months old, so you should definitely start seeing colors in a month or two if she's a male. My advice is to relax and enjoy her/him until you now what gender you have! :D

I just edit first post with pics of dad,mom and the babies. the breeder said prolly 2-3 months old at the most but she said hers havent got as much color as mine and her male looks almost just like mine and the female is the one in the pic in the middle, all orangy. she took hers to vet and they told her orangy one was def female and the one like mine is a male for sure. so I'm not sure s/he is a keeper for sure and i agree its just a wait and see. the vet told her she will see colors definately by xmas and i figure I would know 100% by then. I still havent picked out a name and i guess ill wait to see, for now its a mystery. :-/

Can anyone help me with mines? The breeder thinks it's a male. I want a male. What do you guys think? Sometimes it can show some green. Some times I can see red. I dont really know to much this is my first chameleon.
Another thing I would like to ask you guys is about the silverish color around his head/ Is that shedding?

Chameleon3.jpg

Chameleon2.jpg

Chameleon1.jpg

OP, I'm going to say a not so gifted male. In the first picture there is a fold on the area where there would be a hemipenal buldge. I've never seen a female with one of those. The lateral line looks un-broken enough for me to want to say it's a male.

Look at the tail base on my male when he was 7 months (a few posts down.) Mind you he was extremely small for his age (and still is.) He was sold as a female.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/isis-turns-red-36422/

ive learned that it is really hard to tell up until 4 months, this is not true for all, but my male had absolutely no bulge up until 3 1/2 months, and then he changed drastically. The best thing you can do is wait it out and enjoy your cham.

LMFAO!!!!!:D

Original poster, you have a male.

Don, you have a female.

Sorry, but I have only hatched 6 clutches of panthers. I can say it truely isnt hard to sex them. I was surprised how easy it was right out of the egg with my first clutch.

congrats you have a male!!!!...(as seen by the base of the tail)...i have a male at about 2 and a half months maybe three now..you have one VERY simalar to mine..is yours perhaps an ambilobe??..by the cheeks with the slight green dots tells me so..anyway good luck..just give em some time you will start seeing the good stuff..

yes i know i have a male this post was old and the next thing i know don started postin. and i believe its a female don...but u will know in another month or so. no hard feelings btw. :)

My chameleon was shedding, but one thing I wanted to ask you guys is about the coloring. I have a blue bar ambilobe. Now the females are a pinkish, peachish color, and males have green, red, orange with a blue bar, but sometimes I can see green. Does that happen to females at an early age?

(S)He is doing fine. Eats a lot. Which is good. (S)He seems to be getting used to me. (S)He doesn't puff up when I put my hand in the cage. Sometimes chameleons get attitudes as it gets older. I want my cham to trust me. So I try to get her to crawl to me everday.

How can you tell It's a female Olimpia?

Back
Top Bottom