My Outdoor Enclosure Build

Whoa wait.....the boys??? Did I missed something when I was gone?
I am getting a second veiled baby from @jannb A little boy the second week of July. ❤ I got Beman the Large Atrium that should arrive in the next week and then I will be reworking Beman's Medium Tall Atrium for my new little love. :smuggrin: hehehe I am very excited and nervous and everything in between. lol So Beman will get a brother. He said it was fine as long as he got the bigger cage. :hilarious:

The boys will take turns in this one.
Whoa wait.....the boys??? Did I missed something when I was gone?
Over the years we've had many pets of both sexes. In retrospect, my Missus admits (now) to a preference for the males. We have all males now, and she doesn't want any more females of any species.

So collectively, they're (we're) "The (Her) Boys". :rolleyes:

Ummm Lucy you got some splainin to do :unsure:
I am so happy for you...got a name in mind? or waiting to see his personality first?
It took me a bit to say yes to one. But it felt like it was time. The person that was supposed to get him backed out and it kinda all fell together because I found out I would be getting the new cage for Beman much earlier then I was expecting. So spare cage + baby that needed a good home = me saying yes. :hilarious:

So I am debating on the name. This is my name my veiled thread. I am leaning toward Sherman and apparently everyone else is too. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/name-my-new-baby-veiled-game.175949/

Over the years we've had many pets of both sexes. In retrospect, my Missus admits (now) to a preference for the males. We have all males now, and she doesn't want any more females of any species.

So collectively, they're (we're) "The (Her) Boys". :rolleyes:
Our house the males are out numbered. It is myself, my mom, and my daughter. Then we have two female dogs and a female rat. Poor Beman is currently the only boy.

Our house the males are out numbered. It is myself, my mom, and my daughter. Then we have two female dogs and a female rat. Poor Beman is currently the only boy.
I know how he feels.
Most we had at one time was:
F__Missus​
F__1 Dog​
F__1 Cat​
F__1 Rabbit (the one from Monty Python)​
F__4 Guinea Pigs​
F__1 Hamster​
M__Me​
The dog was the last (F). After she passed, I asked if the next (who would become my first service dog) could be male. Since then, all pets have been males. Missus says we're easier to train & control. :rolleyes:

You did a fantastic job on your enclosure! Your chameleons are lucky boys!
Thanks hun!!! I am so happy with it! Beman was out for 45 minutes today and just did a full bask the entire time. No stress signs. He is so calm and just peaceful when he comes back in. No pacing the cage at all. Sun is magic for them ❤️

Congrats on your new little one! You did an awesome job on that outside enclosure! Great job!
Thanks it was a lot of fun to build. I had to move very unexpectedly and was only able to bring my first chameleon with me since my new landlord was not ok with more then one huge enclosure with all the bells and whistles. So I only have Beman now.

Maybe he would be willing to allow more than one with a sizable security deposit ??
I offered that before I moved. :( I paid a large security deposit on Beman and offered to do the same for Bentley and Bane. But she has no experience with reptiles and she was concerned about water damage because she did not really understand the quality of my enclosures. It was all about the misting and fogging... So she would only approve 1 chameleon. Had it been something like a beardie I do not think she would have even required a deposit since they are in a "tank" with a water bowl.

Back
Top Bottom