my new yemen chameleon

langers2004

Hi,

I have just got a baby yemen chameleon, around 4 months old.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3803/chamqt.jpg

He arrived this morning and i have now set-up his flex and everything like that. I have also given him a spray and he seems to be settling in ok.

Here is his set-up.
15032011800.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I've also set-up his heat/light so here is a photo of that too.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/286/15032011797.jpg

Any tips or tricks would be good to know.

I cant seem to get him to feed though. I have tried putting some crickets near him by holding them in the pot. He eyes them up but wont take 1.

So i have dusted a few and put them in the bottom of the cage in a small plastic pot. (Like the ones chinese food come in)
Will this be ok? I dont want him going without food. Im putting it down to the fact that he had a stressful day travelling lol

is this your fist cham? looks nice id make sure he gets a big drink looks like he may enjoy it.
also i dont see a UVB bulb, some live plants would prob be a good touch as well.
enjoy him.

Ya u need a uv light like a reptisun 5.0 tube style, don't see a Dripper? Need
It dripping on a leaf then u need to catch the run off, also rec a live potted plant and more horizontal sticks around the top..

Ya u need a uv light like a reptisun 5.0 tube style, don't see a Dripper? Need
It dripping on a leaf then u need to catch the run off, also rec a live potted plant and more horizontal sticks around the top..

Seen this on a uk forum and he/she says the light is heat and UVB! :) The cage is a great size but you need a lot more branches for your chameleon to climb on and a couple of live plants would make it perfect. You can get weeping figs and umbrella plants from homebase and B&Q. Good luck with your new pet and welcome to the forum! I'm up in the north of England. :D Oh and i got my second chameleon a male last month he's around the same age as yours so look forward to having them both growing up on the forum.

Is that a tub of soil in the bottom? what is it, whats it for? :)

If i remember correctly that tub is for food cause their little guy didn't eat insects due to his stressful move into his new home. So he/she put that tub in with insects and don't think there is soil in it.. Saw it on the U.K forum again, man i have a good memory! Lol

good memory, or you were just refreshed when they mentioned it above

I cant seem to get him to feed though. I have tried putting some crickets near him by holding them in the pot. He eyes them up but wont take 1.

So i have dusted a few and put them in the bottom of the cage in a small plastic pot. (Like the ones chinese food come in)
Will this be ok? I dont want him going without food. Im putting it down to the fact that he had a stressful day travelling lol

Back
Top Bottom