My new Veild Girl- Hazel

Dez

Chamalot Chameleons
Well I was quite happy with the veild family I had, two 7 month old veild males, Daigan jr and Deedle from our last clutch and female veiled Annastasia from jannb (who is 1 year old tomorrow)

I was surprised by a phone call from someone who said he had a female veild that he was afraid was pregnant due to an accidental encounter with the male.

He went on to tell me he had no desire to raise babies and wasn't even sure what to do with pregnant female and wanted to know if I would take her He was willing to drive 4 hours one way to bring her to me. I agreed to take her

I got her yesterday. Her name is Hazel and she weighs 92 grams. Im not quite sure how old she is but most likley around 9 months... She seems to have slight gular edema that I was told just popped up two days ago.. I am going to see if putting her on our supplement schedule corrects this. I have her set up outside for now until I can get a laying bit together for her. I hope she does well being young and gravid

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 233
  • h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 142
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 125
Pretty girl. I would not worry too much about the edema, female Veileds seem to get it quite often when gravid, and it subsides within a few days of laying.

Hazel is a very pretty girl. I really like her yellow spots. I hope all goes well for her with the egg laying.

Pretty girl. I would not worry too much about the edema, female Veileds seem to get it quite often when gravid, and it subsides within a few days of laying.

Thanks julirs, I have not really had much experience dealing with edema so that is good to know

Hazel is a very pretty girl. I really like her yellow spots. I hope all goes well for her with the egg laying.

Yes me too, she is smaller than Anna but just as sweet. Shes been with me one day so far and seems to be adjusting well.

Hazel is digging today! She is a quite area away from everybody with a large pot full of dirt.

ive seen that a few times with big clutches..hopefully her first wont be huge...

I did feel an egg yesterday while I had her out to give her a liquid calcium drop. She has been really puffed up making it hard to see or feel the eggs. I just hope all goes well as she is a super sweet girl . I will keep you all posted.

27 eggs! And she is doing great!

The eggs are huge, just as big as my panther eggs that are hatching now. If and when these eggs do hatch I bet the babies are going to be enormous.

I have hazel out in the sun today to recover from all her hard work.

Back
Top Bottom