My new tanks Cichlids, and my Betta community tank!

Kristen99

Avid Member
Hi guys I just wanted to share some projects I have been working on and now are complete I am vary pleased with both! The Cichlids are vary active as usual with an addition of my blood parrot Cichlid who at the moment seems quite shy. Here is my Cichlid tank and my Betta community tank along with some Mollys and Pleco.

Attachments

• IMG_4212.JPG
    IMG_4212.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4218.JPG
    IMG_4218.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 220
I have two Firemouth two Peacock Cichlids and a Blood Parrot who is vary tarritorial at the moment he has found his post up spot in the wood hide away and will not leave. The third pic is the best picture I could get of him. Here are some of the others.

Attachments

• IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4301.JPG
    IMG_4301.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4300.JPG
    IMG_4300.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 110
Okay I got a good picture of the Blood Parrot. Here he is in all his glory! He then retreated back to his cave haha

Attachments

• IMG_4303.JPG
    IMG_4303.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 129
Do you have to have a separate setup for each kind? How many of each can you keep in one tank? Is here a ratio of makes to females that you have to keep?

Your setups are beautiful!

All the ones i have are male except for the two fire mouth. I house them in a 50 gal tank but will have to upgrade too a 150 gal if I decide to get more. I personally was worried about the blood parrot because they get pretty aggressive but he seems to just want his own space so I feel comfortable with having them all in one tank if I ever see signs of agression like chasing or fin nipping I will separate them though. I just love looking at them they are so beautiful to me and vary much like a zen feeling for me. :)

This is another new Baby of mine she is a 4 day old sheep I took her in because her mother rejected her I am bottle feeding her at the moment but she is gaining weight and vary happy she follows me around the house it's adorible she also loves my dog Ruger. This is sweet potato! I'm telling you if I could I would have a zoo!

Attachments

• IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4168.JPG
    IMG_4168.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4166.JPG
    IMG_4166.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 124
I also keep parrot fish! The female actually just laid eggs so her and the male are extremely territorial/protective around them and fight the other parrot to keep it away haha.
Are they blood partot Cichlids? Mine seems to just want to stay in his hiding spot! Hah also I do see him come out every now and again they all have their "spots" now.

Attachments

• IMG_4343.JPG
    IMG_4343.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 81
Are they blood partot Cichlids? Mine seems to just want to stay in his hiding spot! Hah also I do see him come out every now and again they all have their "spots" now.
Blood parrots.jpg

Yes, they are blood parrots! The one on the left is the female and the male on the right. To the left of the female on the log you can see the tiny little eggs.

Back
Top Bottom