My new Tamura design with some personal modifications

Well, that’s your opinion , but I’m a master carpenter and a contractor .I’ve used several different kinds of timers and gone back to mechanical timers. I’m able to turn them on and off manually. And also adjust the time we needed without having to remove or reset digital . I’ve also had the digital timers fail constantly. Mechanical timers are much more user-friendly and very cheap six bucks . The entire system draws less than 2 amps including lights . Which is less than 115 amp breaker. I can run 7 systems on a single breaker with zero issues. The other issue is outlets are not designed for multiple timers . So spacing is at a Premium . I’m very happy with the way my timers function . I did go with a single herpastst system. At $700. I was able to get more efficiency out of mechanical timers. Then I was out of that system. I’ve been building and keeping Chamaeleons for close to 30 years . You do you.
There is no question you’re an excellent carpenter. Shoot, I wish you lived nearby so I could hire you for a few things!

I agree that many digital timers are cheap garbage. I’ve been through quite a few brands myself. The analog timers are tried and true but bulky.

BUT this particular Wi-Fi controlled outlet strip allows you to control each individual plug with a built in times for each plug. No bulky equipment. And it’s a great brand that’s reliable and easy to use.

I bought one with the acrylic front doors. My Panther chameleon has been refusing to move staring at the doors. I mean literally went 8 hours without moving an inch and moved as soon as I turned the lights off. Any ideas on how to help block reflections?

I bought one with the acrylic front doors. My Panther chameleon has been refusing to move staring at the doors. I mean literally went 8 hours without moving an inch and moved as soon as I turned the lights off. Any ideas on how to help block reflections?
Maybe post a picture in your own thread... Acrylic can have a reflection but the more planted out the enclosure is the better. Also it can take them a week or more just to get used to a new enclosure, the plants, and branch network.

I want an acrylic enclosure for the beautiful unobstructed view but I’m concerned about retention of heat and humidity, adding PC fans to manage it all, and the stress from reflections

I want an acrylic enclosure for the beautiful unobstructed view but I’m concerned about retention of heat and humidity, adding PC fans to manage it all, and the stress from reflections
My original DS cage was Marine grade vinyl on 3 sides... reflections were about the same as what my acrylic door cages were. I did not have any issues with Beman freaking out. As far as retention of heat and humidity it would be no different than having a full hybrid enclosure with PVC panels. You get the same results. I will say I had a hard time with my hybrid enclosures when I lived far north coast in Cali and was dealing with an ambient house humidity of 50% minimum. I had to run a dehumidifier in the room with the enclosures to pull humidity down in them because it sat far too high. Now I live in AZ and it is perfect for dealing with low humidity areas. I still run a pc fan on top to help pull air up and out though.

My original DS cage was Marine grade vinyl on 3 sides... reflections were about the same as what my acrylic door cages were. I did not have any issues with Beman freaking out. As far as retention of heat and humidity it would be no different than having a full hybrid enclosure with PVC panels. You get the same results. I will say I had a hard time with my hybrid enclosures when I lived far north coast in Cali and was dealing with an ambient house humidity of 50% minimum. I had to run a dehumidifier in the room with the enclosures to pull humidity down in them because it sat far too high. Now I live in AZ and it is perfect for dealing with low humidity areas. I still run a pc fan on top to help pull air up and out though.
Same experience here. Definitely manageable.

And upon request Dale can add as much additional ventilation as you want. He makes doorknob sized holes with little adjustable vents in them towards the upper back of the enclosure so you have flexibility to change the humidity.

I think the reflection issue is just a matter of taking a few days to get used to it. If he is not firing up it shows he is not super-stressed-I think maybe more curious? Because Dragon Strand cages also have acrylic doors and chams do fine. If it is a big issue you could cover half of it with kraft paper so he has a side to go on to "hide" until he is accustomed to it.

Well, I have several of them and never had reflection issue , if he’s not firing up, I don’t think that’s the problem . I would say he’s not used to his new enclosure and you’re gonna have to give him some time to adjust.

Just order it with the crosscut doors their side doors that are screened. It’s a double door one is acrylic. One is screen. And the adding PC fans will eliminate any issues. I have one that’s been going for two years works great.

I’m currently building a base for my largest enclosure new fogger and will be putting 2 2x2x4 on either side . all three cages will run off of the main system , and yes, I build the foggers too ..

Attachments

• IMG_9933.jpeg
    IMG_9933.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg