My new setup :)

One last question: since I'll have an iso CUC, do I just leave any droppings/feces from my veiled on the leaf litter/substrate? Or should I still clean up once a week like I used to with my old setups (sans bio active)?
One of the nice things about bio. The CUC is on poo patrol. You'll just have to knock it off the leaves, and occasionally give the plants a heavy misting to rinse off shed, grates, etc.

Ok...maybe one last question: is it at all beneficial to cover the back and left side (the glass sides) with a scenic wrap or just something solid on the outside?

By beneficial I didn't know if it helps the veiled feel a little more secure with the closed in look or not?

Ok...maybe one last question: is it at all beneficial to cover the back and left side (the glass sides) with a scenic wrap or just something solid on the outside?

By beneficial I didn't know if it helps the veiled feel a little more secure with the closed in look or not?
no, but something like shower curtains will help keep humidity up

Ok. Here is try #2. Add A LOT of horizontal paths and even some diagonal ones. The top is one strand of fake leaves while the pothos plants grow.

Speaking of which, after two days a lot of the leaves and stems on the pothos vines I planted have started to stand up/look lively so I'm hoping they will become established in the soil quickly and grow fast. As they grow I'll snake them up and around and slowly remove the fake leaves.

Question: what is the bare minimum amount of coverage I need to provide with the pothos leaves for a veiled to have a good combination of cover and openness? I ask so that I can start removing the fake leaves sooner rather than later because I know they are not ideal.

Attachments

• PXL_20200921_212238959.jpg
    PXL_20200921_212238959.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 80
Sorry, this is the most updated picture. Same question about how much leaf coverage is bare minimum as my pothos grows?

Attachments

• PXL_20200921_221713278.jpg
    PXL_20200921_221713278.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 76
Sorry, this is the most updated picture. Same question about how much leaf coverage is bare minimum as my pothos grows?
I'd probably keep them in there until they grow big enough to where you have to really search to find your chameleon that's usually the rule i like to go by

Looks better! It’s hard to have to wait for the plants to grow in lol! Do you think a small Schefflera can fit in there?
Hmm, actually I think so. The back right corner (underneath the mister) has room to plant something smaller (probably about 4" diameter area). I'll stop by the greenhouse tomorrow. They had a lot of umbrella plants last time I went. I assume the roots will find their way around through the soil once planted (i.e. grow horizontal into more open area where the pothos roots aren't)?

Do umbrella's require anything more demanding in terms of water and light compared to the pothos?

Hmm, actually I think so. The back right corner (underneath the mister) has room to plant something smaller (probably about 4" diameter area). I'll stop by the greenhouse tomorrow. They had a lot of umbrella plants last time I went. I assume the roots will find their way around through the soil once planted (i.e. grow horizontal into more open area where the pothos roots aren't)?

Do umbrella's require anything more demanding in terms of water and light compared to the pothos?
To be honest umbrella trees need a lot of light you might want to try something else unless you have a plant light

To be honest umbrella trees need a lot of light you might want to try something else unless you have a plant light
hmm I don't know, My enclosure is VERY dense and the scheffleras have been there for 8 months and doing very well! You can hardly go wrong with a schefflera imo

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't the Arcadia bulbs decent for plant growth as well since they provide UVA along with UVB? And if I did plant it in that back corner, it would be right next to the window for some natural sunlight in the morning and afternoon.

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't the Arcadia bulbs decent for plant growth as well since they provide UVA along with UVB? And if I did plant it in that back corner, it would be right next to the window for some natural sunlight in the morning and afternoon.
Your plants will be fine even without the light from the arcadia bulb imo

It should be fine if you have bright indirect light coming from the window and eventually consider getting a plant light later. I have 4, granted they are outside but in the shade most of the time. They are still doing well.

Awesome, I will pick one up on my way home tomorrow. The chameleon won't ship til tomorrow so I have another day to get it setup.

If I get a dual T5 lamp (just have the single right now), what is a good plant bulb to add in with the Arcadia I am using for UVB?

Ok. Here it is. Version 3:

My greenhouse had a GIANT schefflera tree/bush so I brought it home and took the two smallest stems from it. I'm pretty sure you can see how much they fill up the back and screen side.

As said, I also have a grow light coming to help with everything.

Think my veiled will be a happy camper?
I got the shipping notification from FL Chams so he will be here tomorrow :)
Just need to think of a name.

Attachments

• PXL_20200922_210248839.jpg
    PXL_20200922_210248839.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom