My new setup

I knew about the humidity but didnt think the little pygmy could tell the diffrence between real and fake, I didn't think it was that important. Newbie mistake I guess. Ok new question though, I just took apart my whole enclosure which upset her a bit and I've had to handle her a few more times than I wanted (paranoid inspections) so should I wait a bit before remodling her home again to minimize stress or should I get started right away?

If you have a small criter keper set her up in that with a damp not wet paper towle on the bottom and a few twigs maybe some leafy plant real or fake. Set up the tank as soon as possible, pothos is a really easy plant to grow it doesnt even need soil.

My NEW new setup

Ok so I was a tad bit stubborn about it but I decided to take all of your advise. I've just never had a plant before, or a chameleon so now I'm a extra newbie, it's a bit scary but I love my little Keroppi so I'm doing what ever it takes. So heres my new enclosure with a real plant(chammy safe) in the middle :D
IMG_0071-1.jpg

aw come on, I worked so hard......no comments Brad??? :D

Ha Ha!
Just saw this and I am so much more impressed;)
In my opinion there is no substitute for live plants where chameleon enclosures are concerned.
You could still do more, but perhaps over time.

-Brad

Much better Roni:) I would still add a few more live plants. Pothos are really easy and cheap. You could buy a couple and switch them out when one needs a little sunshine "pick-me-up".

About the plants- I researched those too! You do have to wash them and should repot them with organic soil to eliminate any pesticides or contaminated insects. (p.s. dont wear something nice while doing this, it can get messy :D)

About the food its a veggie mix from reptile depot, and its for the fruit flies which you can't see in the pic, of course if she ever decides to eat veggies or fruit gotta make sure its chammy safe!

About the plants- I researched those too! You do have to wash them and should repot them with organic soil to eliminate any pesticides or contaminated insects. (p.s. dont wear something nice while doing this, it can get messy :D)

About the food its a veggie mix from reptile depot, and its for the fruit flies which you can't see in the pic, of course if she ever decides to eat veggies or fruit gotta make sure its chammy safe!

Maybe you can introduce her to pinhead crickets...

Back
Top Bottom