my new nosey be is it noramal?

The Chunk

so i picked up my 5 month old nosey be today. and hes reallly nice. when he comes out hes proper colourful hes got yellow in his lips and blue n orange on the eyes.

anyway i put him to bed and i found him hanging upside down sleeping. i wasnt sure if it was ok to leave him like that. so i picked him up and he gave me a big hiss and flared up from where i must of woke him and i left him on his log.

ive just come up and his sleeping upside down again im gunna leave him there now but was wondering if it is normal?

no sleeping upside down is NOT normal at all. If you just received this animal i would contact the seller immediately and let them know of the issue. A healthy chameleon will not do this. If i may ask where did you purchase this animal from? also some pictures would really help if you want some people to guess what the issue may be, plus filing out the old how to ask for help list!

hes form a proper reptile shop. and is really freindly.the had another one in there but wouldnt sell as he was ill and was helping him get better. im just wondering if its where hes getting use to it as its his 1st night.

his in a flexaurum so very gripy to hang on to. hes all curled up with his tail. my gf had a veild in the tank before who used to hang upside down on it but dont remember him sleeping there

jsut found another thread on here that says it pretty normal for young ones to sleep in all sorts of odd werid places

yea my guys have slept in some odd places, from your post i pictured your cham not being able to keep his grip and sleeping precariously!

hes pretty chilled i walked him he opened his eye n closed again ive put a towel in front so it so blocks out tv light. hopefully hes fine ill see his mood in the morning

hes pretty chilled i walked him he opened his eye n closed again ive put a towel in front so it so blocks out tv light. hopefully hes fine ill see his mood in the morning

Dude don't worry he is young and they are all different and besides that he hasn't had a chance to settle and he is a youngster so if he eats sleeps and is mobile and attentive then he is fine. Some people are more critical than others!!!!

hes moved about and sleep. so as i put him in he shot for a locast but missed. so dunno he he ate yet ill have to try hand feed him tomo.

Keep an eye and if u get a day spare use it to check and maybe watch periodically, hand feeding is the ultimate in both gaining trust and making sure they are eating, everything will take much much time but will pay huge bonus and dividends in the end trust me!!!!!

Dont fret, they do alot of weird things when you first get them including hanging upside down from the top and yes they will sleep that way too. Atleast mine did, so don't worry about it!

About sleeping upside down ummmmm I do think it is normal for his age, but maybe he does't have a big enough vine to grasp on. I wouldn't worry much about this though

they can also go white if they are OVER heating. If that was the case though you would see him gaping with his mouth open.

my little guy slept in funny positions, too, and turned out fine. Is he eating and drinking properly? Do his limbs look okay (not broken)?

Back
Top Bottom