My New Male Calyptratus

kirekameleon

Steve Irwin:)! My first Chameleon to raise from young so I gave him a proper name, call me crazy! I miss that guy!

kire

Attachments

• IMG_20110708_203626.jpg
    IMG_20110708_203626.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20110708_203641.jpg
    IMG_20110708_203641.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20110708_203807.jpg
    IMG_20110708_203807.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 102
Thank you

Welcome Steve you little cutie. I have a blog for new keepers if you haven't found it yet to help you keep Steve healthy and happy. I'll link it for you below.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

JannB I have read it three times and I appreciate every bit of it. My local rep store told me they are from Yemen where it is hot so the basking should be around 100 degrees, I told them that is crazy they live in forestry at the bottom of the mountain. It can reach that degree, and Veileds have been documented basking when the temps are that hot but it is not an everyday thing. I think it is the Sana'a Mountain region where they are mostly found. I am glad I read your blog because I am getting a girl Wednesday, and I was not aware of the temperature differences. I have more to learn about the clutches but I have a little time. Oh yeah, I actually changed his name to "Turret" because of their eyes. He produces some beautiful greens and a strong yellow which I am excited to see what he will look like in the future. He is 3 1/2 months old and I plan to breed him with one of the girls I will have in the future which is why I changed his name. I will keep a male out of my first hatching and name him Steve Irwin without breeding him. Maybe it is not the most suitable name for my SIRE and I want to be respectful to the Great Steve Irwin. I used to love dinosaurs but as I go older that love left but Steve Irwin is inspirational and got me hooked again with the love of all animals. Since I have had Chameleons I have been very happy and have not had this much fun and enthusiasm in a long, long time! Thank you Steve Irwin and Thank you Calyptratus.:):D;)

Bindi's Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8coYV-IFU

kire

I don't think it would have been disrespectful to call him Steve Irwin - I reckon if anyone would appreciate it he would.........anyway, they have no need of names at all so you can change it as you like :)
You must have turned into a right old cynic to lose your love of Dinosaurs :D
Glad that someone could inspire you back to the light!

Back
Top Bottom