My New Little Guy

so update im getting the light tomorrow so i wont have to worry about that, but on weekends ill put the enclosure outside in the sun for two hours because school is coming up

thank you guys sooo much for helping me! im grateful i found this community
When I first started toying with the idea of getting a Cham damn near every questioned I googled led me straight back to this forum. If you can handle some criticism it is the place to be!

Zenyatta, thanks for taking everything I wrote to heart. I certainly don't want to come off as mean, but it was important that you understood the gravity of the situation. Every single one of us has been in the position where we bought what we were told/thought was the correct item, only to find out that it's not. You are on a good path, just keep reading the care sheets and asking questions. You are welcome to PM me with any questions as well if you'd like.

For what it's worth, I'm actually Michelle - my husband set up my profile and used his username for whatever reason, but I've had it 10 years now so it's stuck :D

Zenyatta, thanks for taking everything I wrote to heart. I certainly don't want to come off as mean, but it was important that you understood the gravity of the situation. Every single one of us has been in the position where we bought what we were told/thought was the correct item, only to find out that it's not. You are on a good path, just keep reading the care sheets and asking questions. You are welcome to PM me with any questions as well if you'd like.

For what it's worth, I'm actually Michelle - my husband set up my profile and used his username for whatever reason, but I've had it 10 years now so it's stuck :D
Hi Michelle, I’m Bobby... Tucklander is my call on insta and Twitter...

Of course it’s not mean! You guys are simply helping me with this situation and I’m grateful for it too, I just want the best life for my little guy and I’ll do anything to do so! I did the same process with my fish tank setups. Thank you miss Michelle I’m Shelby and it’s a pleasure to meet you and thank you for all the help. :)

It hasn't at all I just want to keep him alive and healthy ill look into the lamp and maybe ill order it soon if its alright by parents just adding things into the cage I don't want to stress him by me putting sticks in, also about the sticks, do i have to take the bark off and clean it and bake it? Also thank you @Tucklander I was told it was like taking care of a puppy Lol

It may be a while before I get that hood, Is there an alternative for now?

Hey just some ideas for you about perches/climbing materials. At Petco, you can find these nifty “jungle vines” that you can put in your enclosure and twist into different patterns and such. My Cham loves climbing on these. Also at Petco & PetSmart, I’ve found some simple wooden perches (basically just long wooden sticks) and ladders in the Bird area that I’ve put in my enclosure too. I’ve also bought rope from Walmart and attached it to different points of the screen (I have a screen cage) and tied the bird perches on to the ropes in various areas. For me, setting up the climbing stuff was a ton of fun.

Hey just some ideas for you about perches/climbing materials. At Petco, you can find these nifty “jungle vines” that you can put in your enclosure and twist into different patterns and such. My Cham loves climbing on these. Also at Petco & PetSmart, I’ve found some simple wooden perches (basically just long wooden sticks) and ladders in the Bird area that I’ve put in my enclosure too. I’ve also bought rope from Walmart and attached it to different points of the screen (I have a screen cage) and tied the bird perches on to the ropes in various areas. For me, setting up the climbing stuff was a ton of fun.

Hmm ill think about putting things like that later! I put sticks in there for now, my mom is angry enough about buying the light lol

All these sticks came from my yard or the park :)

Attachments

• 37E6D1C8-1599-4F31-BF60-6A86AB69237D.jpeg
    37E6D1C8-1599-4F31-BF60-6A86AB69237D.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 113
It’s my pleasure to help a newbie, and btw, my guy loves his sticks :)
BTW...I’m just a newbie too, I’ve just gone through the initial setting up already...

Update: I’m going to petsmart because I couldn’t find the lamp at petco, I put the clean sticks in last night and the crickets like it more than him right now lol, I also bought the super worms

Does the t8 say Arcadia on it...it’s just a different brand...can you take a picture of the label and packaging

Back
Top Bottom