My new enclosure

Looks like your off to a killer start... I luvvvvvvv the way your habitat looks now you need to work on tricking it out for your chams health and your own ease...you'll find very quick your husbandry methods change over time...and you do wats easiest..its not easy to clean that the way it is...its not easy to mist your cham in there fully, and your cham is probably not doing optimal in that stuffy peninsula

Your cage is wonderful. I saw a lot of people wisely Identify a few problems. These problems can be dealt with in a very time consuming way if done the correct way(which is what I would do now that I've screwed up enough stuff) or you can get some simple fixes on which will ghetto rig it and not take much time at all. now its up to you to basically relate how to solve these probs at home depot or lowes wal mart and such in a cost effective fashion .... your neighbor hood kind of stores... If I were you, I'd get some poly plastic or something of the panda film likeness and completely line the inside of my cage with it water proofing and caulking the bottom, drilling a hole for the draining manifold to either go down a drain which may be difficult, run a hose to a sink or bathtub if possible, or just fill up a rubber maid tub, bucket, resovoir and empty the excess drain water every few days or so

I love the way your cage looks but the design needs to be improved, majorly to fit the needs of your cham which looks very sensational

future mods I'd make are a 1/2in pvc manifold at the top with 360 degree misting heads on a timer, pump, and resevoir with spring or filtered water.
let me know if you'd like some specs, incredibly easy to assemble...just need to be water proofed

I'm embarrassed to say but thanks to the hurricanes I had to evacuate and this saved my chams lives(thank god they restored power unfortunetly some still didn't make it)

learn from your mistakes...and those of other before you try anything and you will avoid a lot of brick walls :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom