My new dog

TylerStewart

Right Wing Extremist
Site Sponsor
For Christmas, Santa brought my son a puppy... It's half bullmastiff, half Dogue de Bordeaux. I'm shocked at the growth of this thing. When we got her at about 7-8 weeks old she was 17 pounds (just before Christmas). She weighed in the other day at 45 pounds (right at about 4 months old now). It's crazy. She's playful yet lazy, which is a good combination most of the time. Here's a picture of her from a month ago. She's really stout, very strong and sometimes stubborn. We had her housetrained within the first month or so. I have always been kinda anti-dog because of the commitment, but with the chameleons gone, I have more time to do this kinda stuff.

Attachments

• Bella1-08.JPG
    Bella1-08.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 196
Glad you like the pics... She's a fun dog.

Reguarding the chameleons, here's a copy of a post I did on another thread:

I haven't really addressed it yet, but I have sold off all my chameleons. I was getting very short on time (mostly attributed to answering e-mails more than actual chameleon maintenance), and just losing interest a little bit. Still selling cages in full force, but I've been working on a tortoise group, riding my dirtbike, getting married (April 12th), and playing with my new puppy the past few months. Life is good LOL... I'll still be around, probably helping Mike in Daytona later this year and wherever else I can become available.

Super cute Tyler-both of them! A mix of two most excellent breeds! The head on that dog alone will weigh 50 pounds! At 4 months my Great Dane puppy weighed 45 pounds, and now at 9 months is nearly 120! Post some current pics when you get a chance! :)

Getting married?! Congrats and welcome to the club. We meet at my place for BBQ and beer once a month... see you there. =) Honestly, about the chams, you have to know when enough is enough. I knew it was time to slow down on brackish aquariums when my entire house sounded like running water.

Julirs said:
Super cute Tyler-both of them! A mix of two most excellent breeds! The head on that dog alone will weigh 50 pounds! At 4 months my Great Dane puppy weighed 45 pounds, and now at 9 months is nearly 120! Post some current pics when you get a chance! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping she'll max out around 100-110lb, but who knows... She snores like crazy but it's kinda cute. So far no drool, I just need to get my yard finished up so she doesn't keep bringing dirt and dust in the house (or mud with the rain we've been having lately).

Dave Legacy said:
Getting married?! Congrats and welcome to the club. We meet at my place for BBQ and beer once a month... see you there. =) Honestly, about the chams, you have to know when enough is enough. I knew it was time to slow down on brackish aquariums when my entire house sounded like running water.

Exactly, and I'd had enough... I have had more chameleons than I could handle since about 2002. When you work 9-10 hours a day like I did and still do, it's not really fun to come home and take care of rows and rows of cages until you go to bed. I was young and dumb when I got married the first time (in 2002), but was able to stick it out for a few years... But since a divorce late 2004, I've had no help with anything around the house (and a majority of the custody of the kid), so I just got worn out. I attatched one of our engagement pics below (47 more days, but who's counting?).

Without all the shows going on, I don't find myself in California too much anymore, but if I happen to be there I'll track you down. I'm not a drinker, but I'll provide my own Monster Energy drinks LOL. I think I'll end up in San Diego whenever that Reptile Super Show happens. That's a good show that was crazy last year. I did better at it than I did in Anaheim in 2007.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm hoping she'll max out around 100-110lb, but who knows... She snores like crazy but it's kinda cute. So far no drool, I just need to get my yard finished up so she doesn't keep bringing dirt and dust in the house (or mud with the rain we've been having lately).

Exactly, and I'd had enough... I have had more chameleons than I could handle since about 2002. When you work 9-10 hours a day like I did and still do, it's not really fun to come home and take care of rows and rows of cages until you go to bed. I was young and dumb when I got married the first time (in 2002), but was able to stick it out for a few years... But since a divorce late 2004, I've had no help with anything around the house (and a majority of the custody of the kid), so I just got worn out. I attatched one of our engagement pics below (47 more days, but who's counting?).

Without all the shows going on, I don't find myself in California too much anymore, but if I happen to be there I'll track you down. I'm not a drinker, but I'll provide my own Monster Energy drinks LOL. I think I'll end up in San Diego whenever that Reptile Super Show happens. That's a good show that was crazy last year. I did better at it than I did in Anaheim in 2007.

47 more days? Is that all we got left?!?!? Holy crap!

Dogue is a great breed, so is the bull mastiff. You are going to have a HUGE dog, consider yourself lucky, that is one good looking pup! And for the drooling, I have a German Boxer (shorter snout than the American Boxer) the drool doesn't come in until juvenile age around 10 months! Good luck

David

Updated photo

I got this picture of her today when she was out chasing my kid on his bike. She's a good lookin doggy.

Attachments

• 3-9-08a.JPG
    3-9-08a.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 142
Those two breeds are both awesome!! Your 'pup' is gorgeous and going to be huge (noticed the feet after Julirs made comment):eek:!!! Your son is a great looking kid as well. Congrats on your impending marriage!:)

I love it. I saw a Dogue du Bordeaux at the petstore about a year ago and almost left with him... then I remembered we already had a zoo and I was ~3 months pregnant.

Updated Photo

Here's a cute photo I got a few days ago with this dog plopping on my wife.

Attachments

• Bellagrill and momma.JPG
    Bellagrill and momma.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom