My new cham

spottea

So, I drove down to San Diego to the Reptile Super show on Saturday, planning to buy just vines and stuff for my mesh cage. I ended up spending about 5 hours wandering around, talking to everyone. Everyone is so nice and friendly. Not what I was expecting at all! I thought it would be really hot and smelly there, but no, good A/C and not at all smelly. Very busy though.
I came home with a cute little female Jackson's from FL Chams. She's so sweet. On the 2 hour drive home, I had to stop around Murrietta to fill up the car. Checked on the little girl in her cup, and she was standing there, not asleep at all. Then, she drank from my just opened Arrowhead sports water bottle! Poor thing must have been gasping for a drink. I had to put her back in her cup, which didn't thrill her at all, so I could eat my icecream. It was very hot there.
Since then, I've been running around finding bugs for her. I had to take out the big crickets as she didn't eat them, and I was afraid they'd bite her. I've also offered dubias in a cup with no luck,,and a waxworm which she did eat. I put it on a branch. Today, I had to work,,and so left her alone formthe first time in 4 days. I misted her this morning, but I needn't have bothered as it rained this morning!
Weather 80 ish and 70 at night. Will post pics when I can. Really enjoy reading all the threads on the forum...so helpful!
Making my own dripper, as I don't have a power outlet or hose connection outside. It's working so far, but is leaking a little bit.
Chris

I've had to work the last couple of days. So annoying! Work really is a nuisance and gets in the way of all my fun projects.
Anyway, even though it was barely getting light when I left for work yesterday, I left a few Pheonix worms in a bowl. They were gone when I got home last night, so yay! I didn't think she would eat from a bowl, but she did. This morning I left around 15 or so small dusted crickets. She wasn't awake yet, so just looked at me sleepily from her leaf. I did a quick mist and left. It's quite humid here at the moment, and my dripper seems to be working well, even if it is leaking a little.
Photos soon!

Back
Top Bottom