My new buddy!

james557

After wanting one for years and doing a TON of research, I finally purchased "Doug" (4 year old daughter picked the name ) my new veiled chameleon. Seems to be loving his new home so far, I may have went a little overboard on the foliage but he is enjoying checking out his new home!

Attachments

• 20190809_210216.jpg
    20190809_210216.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 122
Be sure to get a linear t-5 or t-8 uv light!!!!!!!!!!!! And put more branches in viv, go find a mulberry tree or oak tree and cut branches remove leaves wash with soap and water and ziptie them together, = instant forest canopy!!! Congrats on your new little one!!

Yea I have the Zilla 50 UVB t8, I have 2 artificial jungle vines but I'd like more as I'm worried already of him falling because he just had to check out how climbing on the screen was , that is good to know thanks for that information!!

How come it is useless I am just curious? I was confident I had the right lighting, sure once I wake him up :) hes still sleepin for another half hour, so in the mean time I'm searching for oak tree sticks to wash and give him some natural climbing branches, am getting a live corn plant to because I hear they are good for them, is this true as well?

That's the full setup for now, I have a hammock coming as well and gonna use fishline to help with foliage because some of this stuff is a pain to hang, gathering more sticks for his home right now (will be thoroughly washed with soap and hot water)

Attachments

• 20190810_074611.jpg
    20190810_074611.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 82
Yea I didnt want to buy all fake vines so I'm gathering way more sticks right now to clean and put in his cage, right now hand misting 2-3 times a day

I hang my fake vines from the top of the enclosure. Pothos are great plants as they vine around and your Cham can climb them, drink from them and nibble the leaves safely.

Yea I was going to set it up as something else he can climb up rather than lay in, I am going to redecorate the cage when I get some more sticks and fishing line today to help hold things in place

I will also send an updated picture later on today once I get it re decorated
Sounds great! Some use thumb tacks to affix light weight sticks and branches to the screen. I used twist ties on my first cage and splurged for dragon strand ledges for my upgrade. Do make sure to fill out the help sheet as members can check your husbandry and ensure all is correct. Don’t forget to post a pic of your little guy. :)

That's the full setup for now, I have a hammock coming as well and gonna use fishline to help with foliage because some of this stuff is a pain to hang, gathering more sticks for his home right now (will be thoroughly washed with soap and hot water)

The t8 only puts light like 2-3 inches into your cage. T5 is way better.

Guess you didn’t take my advice in your other thread to get everything setup properly before brining the Cham home.

Sounds great! Some use thumb tacks to affix light weight sticks and branches to the screen. I used twist ties on my first cage and splurged for dragon strand ledges for my upgrade. Do make sure to fill out the help sheet as members can check your husbandry and ensure all is correct. Don’t forget to post a pic of your little guy. :)
I definitely will!! When I use oak tree sticks should i shred the bark off? Also what kind of bedding should I get him, I dont particularly like newspaper, I'd rather it look mor natural

Use any branches that aren't pine or sappy and you'll be fine. I just rinse them with the hose and put them in. Definitely fill the cage out more. I'd get rid of the plastic junk, veileds like to nibble leaves.

Please fill out the help form, no offense intended by it, I suggest any new keeper doing it just so everything can be set straight. We've all had to tweak things in the beginning, nothing to be ashamed of.

Back
Top Bottom