My new blue bar panther

austinpest

Just got my self a blue bar panther 4 days ago an she seems ti be doing really well can any one give me any tips on improving my vivarium for her... any help would be appreciated Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361108712657.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361108712657.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 176
Thanks i wanna get some real plants but not sure on what to buy any ideas?? An thanks the lights should be fine tho he cant get to them... cheers for the advice tho most appropriated!!!

Thanks for the links will fill out properly later as im on my phone... an heres a few pics.. any comments appreciated!!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361110478541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361110478541.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361110500764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361110500764.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361110516075.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361110516075.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361110531237.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361110531237.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 147
Definitely female. Pothos is good choice.. Nice vining plant that grows well in low light. The leaves hold water well too. She is a nice looking girl.

Thanks for the comment!!! An would I be able to purchase one from my local nursery??? An thanks cant wait till she gets bigger!!! Bit worried bout getting egg bound tho :(

Your new baby is adorable!

The thing about covering the heat light is really important. A chameleon can shoot its tongue really far! I have my heat lamp on the outside of the cage (it has a screen ceiling). I was worried that he might climb on top of the cage and get burnt while free ranging (his free range is right next to his screen cage) so I put a small office garbage can over the top so he wouldn't. Weird solution, but it works! :) Maybe it's totally put of reach; it's so hard to tell in pictures!

Have fun with your little cutie! :D

Thanks for ya concern an I cant see that she'll be able to get to it but ill see if I can buy one for peace of mind any way!!! An I might have to have a look in to free ranging sounds nicer for ya chameleon!!!!

Hi,
Put branches higher, so she can get some UVB, because the rays don't go very far ;) And more plants! She will feel much safer when she's able to hide from you ;)

Agree with the posters above. More plants and horizontal branches towards the top. Think sort of "zig-zag" pattern, that will allow her to move up and down easily in order to thermo-regulate.

Also, welcome!

Ok cool!! Im looking in to getting real plants some one put a link on here with a load so gonna look whats on offer at my local nursery!!!! An ill buy some more fine an zig zag them like u say!!! Cheers for the advice!!! :D

Ok thanks for the advice do u know ruffly how much they are??? I looked at pothos as some one else recommended them an I only saw 1 for £90 which I thought was a bit steep lol

Back
Top Bottom