That's good information.
I have been reading these threads here for the last 4 days!! And I still don't have a good answer on which screen to go with...
1) Aluminum/Metal: will wear off the toes
2) Fiberglass: crickets will chew through
3) Pastic: not strong enoug to hang stuff
4) Too big holes: crickets go through
I am dying to start building but this decision making is terrible!!!
Ok Mesik, here are my two cents for your 4 issues.
1. If you use that pet screen for all of your cage, use the metal on top. Just keep in mind that it will heat up under your lamp and sometimes it reflects too much. My cham doesn't really have a way to get up on top to climb upside down on it.
2. I haven't had a problem with crickets chewing through the petscreen stuff. Typically if you use a little cup feeder your cham will get them before they have a chance.
3. I designed my cage so that I have many areas to hang stuff on. The support beams and back wall of the cage are where everything is attached. Vines are only tied to the screen with fishing line to hold them in place so I don't have to reset them every time I decide to clean his cage.
4. Crickets won't usually get through 1/8 mesh. Oddly enough though, I still find crickets that have escaped from my cage. They must be finding small gaps in the mesh where its stapled down. Luckily I rarely find them more than two feet from my cage and they are ALWAYS dead.
Hopefully that helps a little!