My new 260 gallon Screen Home!

JerryTheCham

Enjoy pics of my new homemade screen mansion! :)

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 204
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 174
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 168
  • d.JPG
    d.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 163
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 166
I see that you have a water dish in there. I would take it out. Chameleons don't drink standing water (they can't see it) they only drink the drops on leaves or branches. It is just a breeding ground for bacteria. Otherwise you cage looks great!

I see that you have a water dish in there. I would take it out. Chameleons don't drink standing water (they can't see it) they only drink the drops on leaves or branches. It is just a breeding ground for bacteria. Otherwise you cage looks great!

I forgot to mention about that. I know they don't like standing water. He doesnt drink from there. I actually have the dripper dripping into the leaves right above the water dish then from there the water dish drips into a big plastic container on the bottom. He drinks from the dripping bushy thing in the corner.

I forgot to mention about that. I know they don't like standing water. He doesnt drink from there. I actually have the dripper dripping into the leaves right above the water dish then from there the water dish drips into a big plastic container on the bottom. He drinks from the dripping bushy thing in the corner.

Alright, I would still take it out so you don't have to risk anything. The idea of it catching water is awesome just use the bigger container on the bottom to catch the dripping water from the dripper. I usually put paper towels on the bottom of my cage for when I mist his cage some people drill drain holes in the bottom of their cages and rig them so that way the water doesn't get everywhere. A simple search on the forums will find you some neat ideas on how to go about doing this.

That is just a beautiful set up!!! I have to ask though, do you have wood chips in the bottom of the cage? I cannot tell from the pic. Another no no if so! Also, what are those things to the right of the cage? They look like miniature telephone poles and wires?

That is just a beautiful set up!!! I have to ask though, do you have wood chips in the bottom of the cage? I cannot tell from the pic. Another no no if so! Also, what are those things to the right of the cage? They look like miniature telephone poles and wires?

i think its painted on the wall was lookin at that too, chams shouldnt be let to climb on power lines:eek: LOL

I was wondering the same thing. I would also add a few more plants so he can hide. like a hanging plant or something a long those lines.

Alright, I would still take it out so you don't have to risk anything. The idea of it catching water is awesome just use the bigger container on the bottom to catch the dripping water from the dripper. I usually put paper towels on the bottom of my cage for when I mist his cage some people drill drain holes in the bottom of their cages and rig them so that way the water doesn't get everywhere. A simple search on the forums will find you some neat ideas on how to go about doing this.

I keep the little bowl there to create more splashes so that he is drawn to this area. The water also drips off of this rock from two or three sides creating more moving water. The amount of water that runs through it keeps it from becoming stale. I also plan on changing it once or twice a week. It is one of those little magnetic rock bowls that has a removeable inner bowl.

My last cage I had drilled about 500 small holes on the bottom then had a water tray which then had a spout that dripped into a 5 gallon container on the floor. I was thinking about doing it for this one. My plan was to get a mistking and build this whole irrigation system for this cage but with all the foliage/wood backdrop/cocunut substrate, the humidity is just fine with just one or two sprays a day.

haha Its cocunut substrate on the bottom. I was concerned about this too as my girlfriend wanted to put it in but it seems to be just fine. He doesnt eat it like he used to eat the dirt from our live plants. He actually never even goes all the way to the bottom.

Yes they are wall stickers. Didnt you know that Chameleons like telephone poles? :) haha.. this is actually our dining room. We had those wall stickers up before we decided on putting the new cage there.

I keep the little bowl there to create more splashes so that he is drawn to this area. The water also drips off of this rock from two or three sides creating more moving water. The amount of water that runs through it keeps it from becoming stale. I also plan on changing it once or twice a week. It is one of those little magnetic rock bowls that has a removeable inner bowl.

My last cage I had drilled about 500 small holes on the bottom then had a water tray which then had a spout that dripped into a 5 gallon container on the floor. I was thinking about doing it for this one. My plan was to get a mistking and build this whole irrigation system for this cage but with all the foliage/wood backdrop/cocunut substrate, the humidity is just fine with just one or two sprays a day.

That should work out fine, but make sure it gets cleaned out a lot! As for the substrate (not trying to sound mean or rude or anything) BUT TAKE IT OUT! This causes impaction even though they have it in the wild, and if you have a feeding cup for him doesn't mean he won't ingest it. This can cost you a big vet bill.

Back
Top Bottom