My new 260 gallon Screen Home!

That should work out fine, but make sure it gets cleaned out a lot! As for the substrate (not trying to sound mean or rude or anything) BUT TAKE IT OUT! This causes impaction even though they have it in the wild, and if you have a feeding cup for him doesn't mean he won't ingest it. This can cost you a big vet bill.

i'll be honest with u. This guy has one of those "bad aim" problems. He doesnt even eat crickets anymore because he always misses. He only eats hornworms that I feed by hand. He eats one large a day and hes good. Basically what I'm saying is that he doesnt walk arond shooting his toung eating anything. The only time he opens his mouth is when I show him a big juicy worm!

i'll be honest with u. This guy has one of those "bad aim" problems. He doesnt even eat crickets anymore because he always misses. He only eats hornworms that I feed by hand. He eats one large a day and hes good.

A chameleon can't just live off hornworms, they need crickets in their diet too. you can take off the back legs, or get feeding tongues to feed him. I have to do that with my gecko and I usually do that with my female Veiled. (also try super worms, dubia roaches, silkworms too. That way you can vary his diet.

You can also try a feeding cup. you can use a plastic cup like for parties, and put the dusted cricket/feeder insect into that cup and you cham can feed out of it.

A chameleon can't just live off hornworms, they need crickets in their diet too. you can take off the back legs, or get feeding tongues to feed him. I have to do that with my gecko and I usually do that with my female Veiled. (also try super worms, dubia roaches, silkworms too. That way you can vary his diet.

My vet actually raises chameleons and says he only feeds them Hornworms. I cant force him to eat crickets, the stress of my trying to shove crickets in his mouth would lower his life span. I'm pretty sure that hornworms are much more nutritios than crickts. I also dust with calcium and vitamins.

Oh and he doesnt like superworms anymore. Believe me, I've tried.

That is a mansion! Love it. My DH is great at doing things like that he is finally coming home to vista from Afghanistan in 3 weeks he has been gone since October. To bad he will have to go after staying home for 2 weeks. Beautiful craftsmanship!

My vet actually raises chameleons and says he only feeds them Hornworms. I cant force him to eat crickets, the stress of my trying to shove crickets in his mouth would lower his life span. I'm pretty sure that hornworms are much more nutritios than crickts. I also dust with calcium and vitamins.

Oh and he doesnt like superworms anymore. Believe me, I've tried.

Try some dubia roaches, they are gross sounding, but they are a good staple feeder, chameleons love them! They are slower than crickets maybe they will catch his eye.

How much was the entire setup?

Dont ask! haha. No but really, around $650. There are so many things you need to get that you don't think about. Just the wood cork tile backdrop alone was $130. there are two uv light fixtures, 18" and 49" and 5 dome lamps on top. 2 regular colored for basking and 3 red and black ones that kick on when the temp goes below 79. I also have a zoomed hygrotherm + reptifogger.

Back
Top Bottom