My Mom - - -


Avid Member
Completely NOT herp related....But I need some place to get this out where Family does not get to Crazy...Anyway...

So yesterday was a pretty crazy/scary day. My Step Dad "Dad" Called me late thursday night "My Phone was Dead & Charging" I turn it back on around 9-ish - The first message said "Kayla call me as soon as possible" the second message said "Kayla call me as soon as you can your mom's in the Hospital!"

Keep in mind my parents moved to Belize - - - Not exactly easy to get a hold of them with international calling.

I call and call ..... no answer leave several messages. Finally go to sleep around 1am thursday night - - - Friday I call and call no answer - - - FINALLY find a good number to call the Belize hospital they were at but the time I got it they had already left.

This is part of the E-Mail he sent to us:

Sorry I have had so little communication. Both cell phones ran out of power before we got her stabilized last night and with them everyone's phone number. It happened while we were visiting friends and it all happened very fast.

First, she is home and on the road to recovery but last night was the scariest night of my life.
We thought she was having a stroke. All the classic symptoms. Unable to speak in sentences. Unable to respond. Numbness in left arm and face and throbbing headache and then trowing up.

By the time we got her to the local hospital she was convulsing violently and screaming in pain. The usual doctor there, who is a friend of ours was on vacation in Argentina. The" fill in" was obviously not prepared for this so I finally told their staff to get me an ambulance I was taking her to a hospital where they knew what they were doing. It was a grueling 2 1/2 hour ride in torrential rain and wind but the three EMT's were incredible.

By the time we got to Belize City they had her lightly sedated and had been in communication with a real staff that were just as incredible. About 3:00 a.m. the doctor told us her cat scan was clear and there was no stroke, brain tumor or corroded artery problems. As the different lab results came in they started adding things to her I.V. and around 8:00 this morning, she said her first complete sentence since the ordeal started about fifteen hours earlier.

I'm so indescribably upset about this event about my mom - - - to think if anything did happen to her I would be a lost soul. To think that I would have never seen her again because they are in a 3rd world country. I pray from this event that they will come back home to be with there family and we can be the people to take care of her "them" in case something like this ever happens again.

Sorry for the long drawn out post - - - but I don't know who else to bring this out to without crying so much. I wasn't even able to read the e-mail out loud to my husband and just broke down. This has really hit me hard...
But so glad she's okay - - - Now hoping for them to come back to where they belong "The United States of America" where the doctors do what they do best. I don't believe they treated her correctly. We didn't even get an explanation as to why this happened to her.

Please Pray for her - - - And that she will be Okay.
Last edited:


Retired Moderator
I will pray for her and for you, to be able to handle the incredible stress this must be for you. We are here for you and I am just a phone call away.


Avid Member
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine how you must be feeling, with your poor mum so far away as well. Do they have any idea what could have happened to her?

I hope she gets better soon and I will keep you and your mum in my thoughts and prayers.


New Member
Oh my... I'm soo sorry. I know that had to be awful. I know how scary it is when stuff happens to my mom, and that's where I can reach her. I can't imagine what that must be like.

I will keep her, and you in my prayers and thoughts! and I will pray that they come back and she can get the attention she needs.

I know this is scary, but have faith. We're all here for you, and hoping for a speedy recovery.


Avid Member
Thank You all for your warm feelings. I have a new update on my Mom. My dad told me that the doctors said it's very unlikely for something like this to happen again so long she keeps up with her triglycerides Iron and potassium - Is what I guess caused of all this for her.

I'm just so glad she's okay. May she stay strong though all of this as it was a very scary event for everyone.

Again thank you to everyone here - yours prayers and thoughtfulness

Top Bottom