MY MALE CHAMELEON HAS WEIRD EGG LOOKING THINGS IN HIS CAGE

AfroJoe666

Anyone else had this? Hes definitely a Male but I come home from work today to find 6 oval egg looking things at the bottom of his cage?

I have a picture but not sure how to post?

Anyone else had this? Hes definitely a Male but I come home from work today to find 6 oval egg looking things at the bottom of his cage?

I have a picture but not sure how to post?

Attachments

• 15816293727685402395260852563142.jpg
    15816293727685402395260852563142.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 178
You need to get her a a chameleon savvy vet. Just dropping eggs isnt normal. You need to setup a laying bin for her and cover the bottom half of her cage with a sheet and leave. her. alone. Along with scheduling a vet appointment ASAP.

I also think you benefit from a review as well

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:

◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.

2 Photos can be very helpful.

Start learning about lay bins, she needs one ASAP, and a trip to vet is in order as well.
I've just removed the eggs from her cage and now shes stopped being snappy and is letting me go near her again, I'm so shocked I was convinced it was a male, and theres no way she came in contact with a male? Do why do I need a lay bin?

I've just removed the eggs from her cage and now shes stopped being snappy and is letting me go near her again, I'm so shocked I was convinced it was a male, and theres no way she came in contact with a male? Do why do I need a lay bin?
Chameleons will lay eggs unmated or not. Like chickens they will develop unfertilized eggs. She will lay eggs again in the future so a laying bin will save you the time and hassle of this again

Laying bin blog, Great info written by @jb
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/egg-laying-and-the-laying-bin.345/

And veiled care sheets, it talks about how to sex a veiled if your still confused
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

I love female chameleons and it’s my mission to stop females from dying to young

Back
Top Bottom