My Little Andy Has Cancer

Oh Jann so very sorry! I did see this on Facebook and commented. What a beautiful boy he is and you gave him a wonderful, spoiled life. I hope your remaining days with him will be good ones and he doesn't have to go through too much pain. I know he is in good hands with you and he is very lucky.

Update on Andy:

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. I took Andy back to his vet for a recheck last week and the tumor has grown back to about the same size as when Dr. Doug removed it a couple of weeks ago. He's not going to remove it and says it will continue to grow and he might have others come up in different areas. We talked about radiation and decided against that since it's still experimental in reptiles. He would have to have it three times a week and have to fast before each treatment. The treatments would make him feel bad and by the time he felt like eating again it would be time to fast for another treatment. Right now Andy still feels good. He's eating, putting on weight and very active. I want to keep him feeling well for as long as I can.

I agree, even for most mammals radiation and chemo in general makes them feel more like hell than humans which is pretty bad. They tend to not do well with it at all.

Thank you Amber and George. My dog Red had 6 months of chemo and did very well. This June he will be in remission for 5 years. April 1st he will be 15 years old. I am so thankful we went for the chemo with him. His Oncllogist told me in our first interview that it worked very well on dogs with little to no sickness.

Seems like they have gotten the dog one under control better, I remember when they were doing it just like 5 years ago, it tore the hell out of dogs. I am so glad they are doing better with it now ^^

Jann,
Thanks for the update on your sweet boy. I'm glad he is eating and gaining weight. It's also nice to hear Red is still doing well!

Deb

I hate threads like this. This is so sad. No words can even express what you may be going thru knowing what lies ahead. He is simply stunning. Take pictures, video anything you can to keep his memory vivid for years to come after he's gone. When the hurting stops and you find closure, you can look at the images and videos of him and remember him fondly. I am so sorry to hear this bad news. :(

I am so very sad that my little Andy want have much time left with me. I will treat him like a king the time he does have left. Andy is my smallest little runt boy from the Luie and Camille great grands. So far he's acting normal other than a hole in the top of his leg. Over the past year Dr. Doug has taken off several small melanomas and he always sends everything off to the the lab to confirm. Last week I found a tumor on Andy's hip that grew very quickly because I examine him every few days. Dr. Doug could not get all the roots because they were around his spine. Dr. Doug said it will come back and also may pop up in other areas. The lab results from the tumor were in yesterday to confirm it was cancer. I am so sad to know my sweet little boy will have to leave me. :(

View attachment 178023 View attachment 178024 View attachment 178025
Oh my goodness. He's so beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss 😭💗

That's so sad, he's the most handsome veiled I've ever seen, it sucks when stuff like this happens.
Angry Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Back
Top Bottom